Quantcast

Big Horn 400 Explorer won't start

My son has a Big Horn 400 Explorer UTV that won't start.  He pulled the fuel line off after the filter and there was fuel flowing.  The spark is good.  He said before it quit it would start to bog down when he drove it up an incline.  The plug was dry.  We tried to pour a little gas into the carb but it may not have been enough.  We sprayed starting fluid into the cylinder and it still didn't start.  It didn't sound like it even tried to fire.  Fuses look good.  It is a 2020 model we bought last November so the carb shouldn't have any gas gelled to plug it up.  I think the next think I'm going to check is the compression just for giggles, shits and grins.  Any suggestions what else to do next?  Thanks.  Bob

• Bob Williams changed the title to Big Horn 400 Explorer won't start
  • 1 month later...

TapBoss, we ended up tearing the engine down and found the bolt holding the sprocket onto the camshaft for the timing chain worked its way out.  The rest is ugly as a dead hog.  The valves and pistons were obviously damaged beyond repair.  Warranty was going to replace the UTV but imports have been blocked but a new engine was received and replaced.  Power Sports are slow getting payment to the service center.  Right now we are lying in wait with baited breath patiently awaiting the service center to be paid so I can get the UTV back.

• 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.