Quantcast

Engine died going up incline ( check spark plug wire)

Went for a short ride yesterday and didn’t realize it was going to be shorter than expected. Started heading up a hill and then started to miss and then died. The first thing I thought was here we go, it’s now started it’s first failure of many to come. Well lucky for me I opened up the bed and after scratching my head for ten minutes, I happened to look at the spark plug wire and it had backed off of the plug just enough to loose contact. After burning my hand on exhaust, (lol) I took a pair off needle nose pliers and squeezed the contact a little smaller and then snapped it back on and been perfect ever since. Just wanted you guys to know in case this happens to you. Only takes a second to check to eliminated this issue going forward.

Regards, Rick

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robert B
      Going down a 20 deg hill engine is holding UTV back. Then something releases like going into Neutral and makes a loud clacking noise. Have to use brake to slow UTV down. Then once level it shifts back into gear. Have done shift extension does not pop out of gear.
    • By NCPonyboy
      Hello, new Hisun Axis 500 owner here. I have a 2020 in the Mountains of North Carolina. It runs fine and I enjoy it but it seems to struggle on the hills. Granted I have one that is pretty steep but you could get out and walk faster than it goes up. I sometimes wonder that if I had anything in the bed it might not make it. So first question is, is this normal for these? Second question is, is there anything I can do about it? Maybe a power adder or chip tuning? 

Appreciate your thoughts

• By fishhouse3
      FOR SALE: 2021 CFMOTO ZForce 800 Trail with many extras and full warranty until 2027. Only 625 miles and 50 hours of use.
      In great condition, has a clean title and one adult owner. Has had all scheduled regular maintenance and has not been abused. Only used about six times on weekend trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV.
      Under full CFMOTO Care bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until 8/2027 (paid $1,600). Full service and tune up just completed with new clutch, drive shaft, belt, rollers, etc (paid $1500). Plus it comes with over $3,500 in upgrades and accessories! Way too many included items to list here (see last pics for full details).
      This machine is ready to go and needs nothing - just hop in and hit the trails!  I have over $20k invested in this machine. Priced VERY fair to sell quick at less than half that!!!
      $9,999 WITHOUT warranty -OR- $10,999 WITH full extended warranty until 8/2027.
      Located in Chesterfield, VA 23832. Message me for more pics and info!

• By Alex
      This is an interesting read. ADAS is main stream on cars these days. The technology looks to be headed towards UTVs and Off-Road Vehicles.
      Potential Motors and CFMOTO USA have announced a new partnership to integrate advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) into recreational off-road vehicles for the first time.
      Sam Poirier, CEO and co-founder at Potential Motors, says the integration of its technology into CFMOTO’s vehicles will set new standards in the side-by-side segment. (Photo: Potential Motors Inc.) The partnership will first see Potential’s tech integrated into CFMOTO test vehicles. The companies will conduct extensive real-world testing at Potential’s purpose-built off-road proving ground in Fredericton, Canada, and CFMOTO facilities.
      Source: https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2023/12/19/cfmoto-and-potential-motors-announce-industry-first-adas-technology-for-ohvs/
    • By rsar
      Just got quoted $770 for my Mule's first 50 hour service. Is it just me, or does this seem insanely excessive? I was expecting something in the $350 to $500 range and thinking that even $500 would be a little high. Is dealer service really necessary at 50 hours? At this price I think I'd like to shop around for a mechanic that could do it for half the price. I don't really have the option of shoping around for a cheaper Kawasaki dealer, as there is just this one dealer a reasonable distance away (30 min). The next closest olne is 3 hours away.