Quantcast

2013 Prowler 1000 XTZ jumping out of gear

Blaine

Doesn't matter if in reverse or forward gear every so often it would make a grinding sound and jump out of gear Plowing snow the other morning it got bad had a loud banging noise in both reverse and forward  Managed to limp it into garage but lost reverse while doing so

Has a steady banging  from undernearh while driving forward into garage  Going to put it up on blocks today  was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to proceed,

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Steve B
      My "R" light on the dash will not go out when I take the UTV out of reverse and put it into any other gear. Is this just the light switch issue or will this effect engine performance in the other gears?
    • By mac66
      Just bought a used UTV, my first SxS.  It is extremely LOUD!   Was thinking of wearing shooting ear muffs to muffle the noise but then my passenger( wife) and I couldn't hear each other over the shouting we have to do now.... On the other hand we sometime ride with my brother and his wife and would like to be able to communicate. We throught about FRS and/or GMRS radios (we are licensed for GMRS) but we'd have to wear earphones under our ear muffs. My state doesn't require helmets to ride UTVs.
      I suppose if everyone has a cheap FRS/gmrs bubble pack radio with a ear phone we could all talk to one another. Just wear an ear plug in the other ear or ear muffs.
      Looking for suggestions.
    • By joel b
      i purchased a brand new massimo tboss 410 and from day 1 it wont operate in reverse.  When i pop in reverse and give it gas it will die out.  when i pop in reverse sometimes in will die right away (before giving any gas) and 1 time out of 100 when i pop in reverse it will operate perfectly fine.   and yes, it operates perfectly dine in normal drive H and L.  any thoughts??   when i called the dealer i got it from they had no idea.  
    • By BOYD
      I have a 2004 KUBOTA RTV 900 DIESEL and I need to replace both front cv axels.I have been online looking at them and there seems to be a lot of different manufactures to choose from. My question is who makes a good aftermarket set of cv axels for this KUBOTA. I have read horror stories of people buying the  cheap Chinese brand only to find out they don't fit or they don't last very long and fail again. I hate to have to spend over $200 a shaft to get OEM from KUBOTA when I'm sure there is a company out there who probably makes it for them or makes comparable to OEM. Thanks for your help.
    • By wnc woods
      Is it possible to add a low gear to the Coleman ut400? If so please help. Ty