Quantcast

Axis 500 switchblade plow mount location??

We are working on the same kolpin/axis 500 configuration. Lowes sells the blade as compatible but the mounting plate is exactly the wrong size for the width of the axis 500 frame. We cut the u-bolts short so they could fit over the frame and extend down. However, the adapter plate slots to receive the u-bolts are not cut in the right place to avoid the frame. The u-bolts bind with the plate no matter what configuration we've tried.

We may try wider u-bolts or may need to modify the adapter plate. We'll try to update the thread if we find a solution.

Anybody else successful?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. Was anyone successful at getting the switchblade mount to work with the Hisun/Axis 500? I purchased a 500 this year from Lowes and am considering getting the Switchblade 17-5000 that lowes is selling if it will actually mount up. I appreciate any advice in advance.  

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this yesterday and yes, the universal mount is a total pain.  As plowdaddy said the slots to receive the U-bolts are off just enough that the bolts don't sit properly.  I basically forced it on but now that the plate is installed I've noticed my turning radius is now restricted-I can't make sharp turns without rubbing up against the mounting plate because it's so wide.  Anyone have success?  Debating whether I should just spend the money for a new plate or try extensively modifying the universal one...

• 1 year later...

Axis 500 4x4 UTV                                    Kołpin UTV switchblade plow 175000                                                purchased Dec 2023                                 How my son and I mounted the UTV universal weldment part#21 and the universal mount LH&RH bracket (#12&13) using the square U bolts #42.                           Remove plastic cover under engine.          Just behind front suspension the two U bolts that hold # 21 will need to have one hole on each side drilled in sheet metal (watch out for wires).                                     Do to the frame being where # 9 rear attaching bracket connects to #21 you will not be able to use the (2) #23 spacer plates. You will need to spread with your hands the 2 square U bolts approx 1/4 inch each and use a thick washer instead.      The #12&13 bracket and #23 spacer plate goes behind (to the rear) and you will need to drill holes as needed to move bracket to bolt it to #21.                              After you have it all figured out (loose fit) take off #21 put plastic cover up to U bolts, drill 2 one inch holes in plastic cover, reattach plastic cover.                   Then assemble and tighten everything up.  We used my cordless impact w/ 13mm deep well socket & wrench to speed up the dry runs and the final assembly.