Quantcast

WHAT UTV for off roading n towing

bobsbeach

On a modest budget $10k or less trying to find a decent UTV.  Most say for that price go Same Club Coleman is good for $7k or Lowes Axis UTV for $9k or Bass Pro Tracker 600 ATV $9k But seems many say stick with the Massimo because its beefier which is another affordable brand.  I need in the next 2 months.  Use to have a Kawasaki Prairie 450 it was great till it went in for its first service, so dumb to bring it in instead of doing service myself, never worked again.  Now Need something soon to clear some flat land but rough terrain, logs on ground holes etc its the woods that drops off on edge so need it to haul some of our fat arsses back up if we go over the side to haul logs.  Its probably 45 degree incline.  Any thoughts??

I would steer clear of a belt driven machine for heavy towing and steep hills. Under load the belts can start to slip, and once they start you will burn em up fast. These things are really meant to tow light loads, if any. Skidding smaller logs with a log arch might be doable on flattish terrain.

If it's actually 45 degrees you aren't likely to find a vehicle that's safe to operate on it.

Coleman/Axis are both rebadged Hisuns. Massimo is the other major Chinese brand. When looking at Massimo be aware that the numbers don't always correspond with the motor CCs like they do with most other brands, for example a T-Boss 410 is 352 CCs. Tracker is made by Textron/Arctic Cat.

What's the issue with the Kawi?

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By REDfletching
      Spent today at a Honda dealership looking at their 520 side by side, then on the way home past our Lowes noticed they had several new UTVs on site, so we U-turned and ducked in there. We were impressed that all that came for $9,999 metal whole length skid plate, nice sized bed, roof, windshield, side mirrors, winch, upgrade looking tires… all of which would have added thousands of dollars to an already expensive Honda 520. Now Honda does have a great reputation from my trusted UTV experienced buddy, so it has that going for it.
    • By htrotte
      #1   While troubleshooting an issue with temp warning light I discovered another temp switch mounted in the pipe going to the head  The two switches are literally 6 inches apart.  Does anyone know what this third switch is used for?  If i can figure out how I will post pictures.
      Author #2   Finally got the pictures took.  See the photo and tell me if you know what the switch on the right is.
      It looks to be factory and I know the girl who bought it new and she didn't install it.
      I can't find anything on it in any manual i have looked at.  Any help would be appreciated.

• By rtate1050
      I know that this may be a bit outside the forum , but has anyone had any experience with all terrain wheelchairs ? I live on 5 sandy acres in Florida and am currently wheelchair bound. I have a power wheelchair but it doesn't work very well on my property . I.m looking at one that has rubber treads like a tank . It's pretty expensive so I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knows anything about them before I pulled the trigger.
      I do have aa side-by-side but can't get in and out.
      Thanks , Rich
    • By chuck92308
      I am throughly discussed with the 800sx.  It has a lot of suspension cracking and squeaking from the suspension/shocks.  Also been to the dealer 4 times for excessive drive clutch/belt squealing.  They have no clue and they have (supposedly) changed both clutches and drive belt. Anyone having any of these issues.
    • By joel b
      i purchased a brand new massimo tboss 410 and from day 1 it wont operate in reverse.  When i pop in reverse and give it gas it will die out.  when i pop in reverse sometimes in will die right away (before giving any gas) and 1 time out of 100 when i pop in reverse it will operate perfectly fine.   and yes, it operates perfectly dine in normal drive H and L.  any thoughts??   when i called the dealer i got it from they had no idea.