Quantcast

2006 Commando New Style Diffs

Paiute3

I just found this on another messageboard. I wonder if the Commando is having the same problems as the Trooper.

Cinda

Post subject: New style diffs to replace in 2006 CommandoPosted:

Posts: 1 Just rec'd 2 new style rear diffs from joyner to replace in the 2006 650 Commando. Need to know how to take the cv cups off old style rear diff that need to be installed in new diffs. Is there any special tools needed or do you have to hold your mouth just right??!!! Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks much

I think your find that the Commando gears in the front and rear diffs where not meshing correctly. In other words one gear would ride on the top of the teeth instead off fitting the gap fully. The result was the tips of the teeth snapped off. Not too dissimilar, different problems with same result. All new Commando from the middle of last year have correctly shimmed diffs.

Cheers Mike.

Guest Lenny

Just put a new diff in mine. when I opened up my diff to check for sheared bolts like Kinarfi had, I found a completely mis-shimmed differential and I could see that the pinion gear wasn't correct, In my case the pinion gear was not only too far away from the ring gear but was also pushed in too far torwards the center of the ring gear. This looks to me like it's causing the tips of the pinion to take more then it's fair share of the stress and thus ending up fracturing chips off. I think proper alignment of the pinion gear axeually in relation to the ring gear is even more damaging then improper gear tooth clearance. My teeth were chipped, thus the new differential. Fortunately, I purchased the 3yr extended warranty just as it came available and they covered it. Joyner got a diff out and I received it in 1 day.

Lenny

Just put a new diff in mine. when I opened up my diff to check for sheared bolts like Kinarfi had, I found a completely mis-shimmed differential and I could see that the pinion gear wasn't correct, In my case the pinion gear was not only too far away from the ring gear but was also pushed in too far torwards the center of the ring gear. This looks to me like it's causing the tips of the pinion to take more then it's fair share of the stress and thus ending up fracturing chips off. I think proper alignment of the pinion gear axeually in relation to the ring gear is even more damaging then improper gear tooth clearance. My teeth were chipped, thus the new differential. Fortunately, I purchased the 3yr extended warranty just as it came available and they covered it. Joyner got a diff out and I received it in 1 day.

Lenny

Lenny,

Did you open up the new diff?

Cinda

Guest Lenny
Lenny,

Did you open up the new diff?

Cinda

Definitely did. Found the same problems. I installed my diff kit in it giving it much stronger bolts and better security from bolts comming loose. I also re-shimmed it for clearance and proper pinion to ring gear alignment. Real happy with how it came out. See my post under Diff blowup.

Lenny, it was my understanding that the Commando diff problems were just the mis-shimmed teeth on the gears. I just wonder that in your case that caused the gears to walk away from their settings slightly making them to far away from the ring rear if that is possiable. I don't think that happened with the Commandos, maybe they snapped because the strength was less than the Troopers. Anylizer might have the inside word with that issue.

Cheers Mike.

I would really like to see Joyner step up and take care of the Diff problems. By using bolts of poor quality and the diffs not being made correctly aren't they responsible? Ours is parked until we get Lennys fix it kit. I think that this is a major problem and the second one (the drive-line was the first) in the last year that is either poor workmanship or lack of quality in parts and design. All I can say is thanks to Lenny for all his hard work in keeping all of us on the road.

• 13 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By CYJSP2009
      Dear Joyner owners
      Any one who is looking for below Joyner parts please send email to casey from Leaf Asia  ( please send to [email protected] and cc to casey2leafasia.biz & [email protected])
      Currently, we have supply below parts: 
      1.  cv axles, cv rebuild kits, cv boots
      2.  Differentials and differential ring and pinion set
      3. Cables, 
      4. Brake parts
      5. Engine parts
      6. Other parts. 
      We will provide better price, close follow up ... 
      We can arrange productioni for parts that we can collect demands from customers  
      Have a good weekend
      Casey /  Leaf Asia 
      2023-11-17

• By Steve Toney
      Hello, my name is Steve and just signing up.  Bought my first UTV yesterday.  It is a Massimo T-Boss 550.  
    • By CBS
      Greetings from Southern Illinois. My name is Bruce and I currently have a Hisun HS550 Performance Rural King. I have had nothing but problems with this unit replaced so many parts of it and of course, it stopped working and will not start again for about the 3rd or 4th time since 2018 it only has a little over 500 miles and has cost me a bunch of money and headache and the Rural King where I purchased it has a repair man who is certified to work on HISUN but he charged me a little over $600 to repair it once back a few years ago and when I got it home after it being in his shop for over 2 weeks the thing worked for a very short time but when I went to start it the next day it was the same thing and they wouldn't check it further without me paying for service, labor, and parts and I went around and around with them and since there aren't any dealer service centers for Hisun near me and even most of them can't get to it for weeks to months and it could be at their shops for months as they tell me they have problems getting the parts needed from Hisun to fix these giant paper weights. Oh, and you can't buy a scan tool (code reader) Delphi 190121 unless you are one of their dealers and I can't find any other scanner tool that works with it except the Tiny Scan Tool which I purchased and it will work if I could find the correct adaptor cable and connector to connect the Tiny Scan to the diagnostic port on the Hisun HS550 Performance Rural King. Yep, I pretty much have been screwed every which way that can happen with this machine. I am disabled, have cancer, and am on a fixed income so I need help if anyone knows what the connector is called (type or part name) that will plug into the diagnostic port to get my scanner to work it is a 6-pin connector and I hear it only has to have 3 wires connected to it.
      Thanks 
    • By goindeep
      Well now i could use a lil help... i have a trooper in my shop now that has wiring issues... this poor guy paid another shop $1000 to re wire the body control harness, and boy oh boy did they chop it up!!! I am Buillding a new harness from scratch... what i need is a diagram that tells me what each fuse and relay control on the Engine fuse/relay block.. any help is greatly appreciated!!
      Josh
      No Limitz
    • By CYJSP2009
      Dear Friends, 
      2022 Brand new Joyner CV Axles and CV  Joint rebuild kits are comming 
      1.  S650.03.02.02.00 ---Joyner 650 Commando Rear
      2. TR1100.03.01.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Front 
      3. TR1100.03.02.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Rear
      4. D650.03.02.02.00 --- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Left 
      5. D650.03.02.03.00--- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Right 
      6. SV800.03.02.01.00 --- Joyner 800 Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft Left
      7.  14274 --- 650 ider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      8. 15803  ---  650 Sand Spider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      Attached are the part photos for reference. 
      Above parts are now on the way to USA, will be ready for inland delivery in middle of July. 
      Price: CV Axle: USD250/ Piece;  CV Joint kit (without grease): USD110  send to door. 
      There will be special discount availabe for deals completed within July 2022.  
      Buy 1 piece: Get 5% discount, 
      Buy 2 pieces: get 10% discount.
      Buy 3 pieces: get 15% discount, 
      Buy 4 and more than 4 pieces: get 20% discount. 
      Please kindly note Qty for each part is not big  and it is hard to forcast when there will be next offer for these kind of products unless there is sufficient confirmed order qty for productioin arrangement. 
      Payment method: Payoneer payment link ( can pay through bank account or credit card) or Paypal ( [email protected]) .  Payment commission paid by the buyer. 
      Interested parties, please contact [email protected]
      Thanks
      Good Luck
      Casey / Leaf Asia
      July-07-2022