Quantcast

2008 hisun 500 utv starter spins but wont turn the motor over

so this thing is a real turd i have gone through so much im ready  to junk it and live a few extra years but  one last chance  it use to run but now it just sucks money  i replaced the starter clutch and it still is doing the same thing just spinning does anyone think it might be the starter is ti weak to turn it over 

• Hisun .500 changed the title to 2008 hisun 500 utv starter spins but wont turn the motor over
On 5/10/2023 at 10:19 AM, Hisun .500 said:

so this thing is a real turd i have gone through so much im ready  to junk it and live a few extra years but  one last chance  it use to run but now it just sucks money  i replaced the starter clutch and it still is doing the same thing just spinning does anyone think it might be the starter is ti weak to turn it over 

You sheared the key on the crank you have to open up the side of the motor on the passenger side there'd be a fan then another cover with the magneto then the key way will be right there on the starter gear! It's a metric woodrife key! Best bet is to buy it on Amazon

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 7:15 PM, farmer99 said:

You sheared the key on the crank you have to open up the side of the motor on the passenger side there'd be a fan then another cover with the magneto then the key way will be right there on the starter gear! It's a metric woodrife key! Best bet is to buy it on Amazon! 

Checked that so it was the starter clutch

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By joeam
      I have a 2018 TW450E that runs in my yard and slow good just will not go down the road seems to be running out of fuel where should i start? I have replaced both fuel and air filter drained gas and tried a small auxiliary tank same issue i have ordered a new vacuum fuel pump to try next anyone in Texas that works on these?
    • By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Bassarino51
      My 2014 Odes with less than 1000 miles suddenly won’t turn over with a fully charged battery.
    • By Rizzguy
      Don’t waste your time everybody with rpm motorsports, Omaha. They are people that don’t even work on sxs’s. Trying to tell you how to install things.
      Completely uneducated guy tried to tell me I did not install a mid pipe correctly when it won’t install correctly; that was the reason for the video and the complaint that I called him about.
      This mid pipe has a 1 inch gap at the rear, and the only way to close it up is with a longer bolt, and to stretch the flex at the Exhaust
      After one ride, the rear bolts have disappeared, because how much tension there is on the flex
      And the bolts does not line up at the flange
      Have a video before and after. And they are telling me that it’s my fault because it does not fit
      wtf.!
      What kind of idiotic people are even answering the phones these days.?
      This guy has probably only read a book and never even driven a motorcycle in his life
      Don’t waste your time with this bullshit products