Quantcast

Tboss 410 Problem with gears grinding when trying to put in forward or reverse.

Dreaded
Go to solution Solved by Dreaded,

This tboss 410 started having a problem with I think clutch not releasing. If you have it in forward with neutral safety disabled and try to turn it over, it will try to move forward. Neutral does work correctly.
What I was told occurred was he was trying to back up a hill and was trying to pull a load. He said that it all of sudden died and would not go into gear. To get it back he disabled the neutral safety and started engine and drove back but had to switch to neutral to stop.
Is this going to be the centrifugal clutch on the drive belt or could it be something else?

• Solution

I decided to tear it down since it took a couple days to get site approved. What I found is the clutch melted and froze.
Pics show it all. I took the clutch apart and found clutches jammed up and not movable.
I ordered a new secondary clutch to replace it, the primary drive seems ok so I will reused it.

IMG_20230809_144849424.jpg

IMG_20230809_151139976.jpg

IMG_20230809_151210871.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By Robert B
      Going down a 20 deg hill engine is holding UTV back. Then something releases like going into Neutral and makes a loud clacking noise. Have to use brake to slow UTV down. Then once level it shifts back into gear. Have done shift extension does not pop out of gear.
    • By Felderlostnspace
      2016, Hisun 500 turns over great but Spark plug is firing when I turn the ignition key on. I’ve got good fuel pressure to the injector. Pulled plug out and it is wet with. gasoline. Air filter is clean. Turns over great just does not even try to pop or start.. I’ve checked off uses and they are good when I turn the key on I’m getting power to the injector.. I’m not hearing the injector pulsing, but may just be my hearing.. With the spark plug getting wet with gas I feel like the injector is pulsing and spraying. Any suggestions would be great. I don’t know the hours on the unit offhand, but it has 600 miles on it. Thank you for your comments and advanced.
    • By bikermike
      Since it is a royal pain to close the front hood, I went to add a charger wire so I don't  have to worry about the hood, I found the screw on the positive post rusted .  this utv is 11 months old. and since it's a Philips head, it was impossible to loosen . had to use vise grips. 
      replaced the screw with an hex bolt