Quantcast

Gumball

Trooper Transmission Check

OK, I give up! How do you check the fluid level in the Trooper transmission. I managed to check the differentials but must be missing something on the transmission. There's got to be some way to get to wherever the oil inlet and outlet is. If you could aim me to where these things are I'd appreciate it.

I would also like to know what oil to use and how much is needed.

Thanks,

Gumball

Filler bolt on the Left Front of trans up mid-way near battery. Bolt faces forward. Open and stick you finger in. If you feel oil, it is OK.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thank you for the information. I'm a couple hundred miles from the manual and as usual the trooper folk came through for me.

Thanks rocmoc. We'll have to get together when I'm back in Tucson, (after it cools down).

Gumball

Sounds good, you will have to come down and play in my backyard. Temp isn't a problem, only holding around 100 all week.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By j.fulciniti
      Hello Folks - newbie here with my first post so go easy on me.  I picked up a Buck 400 in May 2020 direct from Massimo when they were doing a closeout sale on the 400 models.  I read the reviews and was skeptical. 
      We live in a golf cart community  we do not plan any off roading - just some very mild work tasks like hauling firewood / brush etc.  Honestly, all we do is cruise around our neighborhood roads.  I pulled the trigger b/c the price was cheaper than a 2WD lifted golf cart and the Buck  had way more features.
      We have a few steep hills and after about 20 - 30 minutes of cruising, my check engine light comes on.  It only happens when we are going up or down one of the hills .  We head straight home and things seem fine the next day.  Light never comes on unless we tackle multiple hills during one ride.
      Should I be worried?  
      PS - Unit is 4 months old and has 258 miles on it - barely broken in.  I've yet to go full throttle on a flat or up a hill. 
    • By rtate1050
      I recently ordered some parts for my 2017 MSU 500 and when they came there was a brochure included that gave some hints for making Hisun motors run better . Most of them made sense but one suggestion was to raise the oil level by 3/4qt. (bottom of dip-stick threads) to improve wet shoe clutch wear . I'm not yet familiar with the power train on UTV's (but I'm a-larnin') but this goes against what I was always taught about overfilling oil levels. These guys seem to know their stuff (Motorcycle Doctor ) but I'm wondering if anyone has any input on this .
      BTW...They did have one good suggestion about blowing all of the old oil out of the oil cooler when doing an oil change.  When doing an oil change on my cars, this is something that I've always done ( I was taught by an old school mech. MANY yr=ears ago) but is rarely ,if ever , done in a garage. You'd be surprised at the amt. of dirty oil that you avoid adding to your fresh oil. Just remember to recheck oil level after running the engine and top off the oil.
    • By Chad Rice
      HELP - my wife and i just bought a 2013 joyner trooper 1100 and we rode for 2 evenings with no problems. Went to ride last night and all of a sudden it acted like something was catching up and it didn't want to move easily. Whatever it was must've broke and now it moves with no problem but is making a rubbing/grinding noise somewhere in the backend. Could it be wheel bearing, differential, or something in cv shaft. Any info or similar experiences is appreciated. 
    • By Anthony Butler
      Soo for my second problem lol, 2009 trooper 1100 5 speed , will not engage 5th gear , all others work fine but seems like 5th doesn't engage completely and wont grab the gear. Any idea on where to start looking for issues, or what to look for in regards to linkage. 
    • By Kelly Stump
      Just put new rings in my joyner trooper 1100 and it still smokes. I dont know what else to do. Can some one tell me why?