Quantcast

Home made intake

huunz

I had the Chinese car air cleaner setup - a little round car air filter with a bunch of blocked off hoses, and both the crankcase and transmission hoses run to the unfiltered side, so today i messed around with it a bit. I got a 2"ID silicone hose to mate to the carb neck, and ran it to a 2.5" to 2" exhaust reducer, then to a 2.5" 90* sweep and to a Uni Filter 2.5 x 6 filter. I put little breather filters on both the crankcase and the trans, and zip-tied them to the cage. Less than $100 bucks, and a real air filter to use in the dunes and dez. Might even enhance performance!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By Jamesjoh
      I've installed the Kemimoto side by side mirrors in my UTV to replace one that would not stay in place.This one give great views and tightens down nicely, but you have to take them down evenly or it gets bound up. Just an all around great mirror.
    • By lonesome_spud
      I am trying to locate a transmission radiator for my 2022 coleman UT400.  I cannot find a parts listing that shows the transmission radiator, so I am not sure what the part number is. 
    • By shepdog
      I just picked up a 2009 bmx utv 500, there is a small 'nipple' on the water pump, its barbed like a hose goes on it , where is that little hose Suposed to go? 
    • By Oldman
      I installed a new GY6 150cc engine in a Bull Dog Pup 200 and when I put it in drive, it grinds for a second and then runs fine.  Works great when i place it in reverse.  Could it be from it idling too high?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!!!!