Quantcast

Carb tuning

huunz

I've got the 650 Spider, the one with the two cylinder engine and side draft carb. The right plug was cold/not firing, so I changed the plugs out (thanks Silverbullet for the plug type, and this forum for how to do it) and then tackled the intake. When I pulled the air filter tube off, there was standing gas in the carb inlet. Because of what I found, I took off the carb top, cleaned the needle and seat, although they looked fine, and put it back together. I started it up and it ran great. BUT.... if i wanted to change the needle and seat, say to a Viton setup vs. the solid needle, where would I look? Do any Japanese bikes or quads fit? I found the oil filter is the same threads as my 91 Nissan 2.4L pickup, so other parts might cross as well. One issue i can see is that carbs have not been used on cars in the US since about 86.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.