Quantcast

Mule 3010 parking brake switch

Tincup

Where is this switch located? Is it under the rubber boot protecting the brake mechanism?

I have an '05 3010 and the parking brake light and high water temperature light don't come on. However, the radiator fan runs and it's powered by the same switch that powers the light. I don't know if I have bad bulbs or what. I can find no easy way to remove the bulbs to check them.

Any pointers?

Thanks for your time.

Tincup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an update. The water temperature light bulb is fine and won't come on until the temp is above 105F, I have no way of easily checking the water temperature, I'll wait until summer in the SoCal desert and check it. The parking brake light switch is on the brake handle, my problem was simply a dirty contact on the switch. I burnished the contact point and applied a small dab of No-Ox and it's working fine.

Coker737,

OK, here's the real deal :) ! After reading the shop manual and looking at the schematic, I don't see how the lights would come on momentarily when you start the rig. There is no ground offered to the switches to turn on the light, none that I can see in the schematic. Also, the temp light comes on between 226F and 237F, not 110F, it was 110C DUH :wacko: my bad.

Instead of doing my reading in the morning after my first cup of coffee, I should wait until later in the day after I've had my first cold adult beverage :D !

Paul

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.