Quantcast

Three Contractors

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House.

One is from Chicago , another is from Kentucky , and the third is from Iowa.

All three go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Iowa contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then

works some figures with a pencil.... "Well," he says, "I figure the job

will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit

for me." The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says,

"I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House

official and whispers, "$2,700." The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure

like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we

hire the guy from Kentucky to fix the fence." "Done!" replies the government official.

and that, my friends, is how the > new stimulus plan works!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By johnpeter
      Polaris rzr xp 4 1000 EPS White Lightning On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/166352001929?

• By J-ree
      hello, I’m new to this website and I joined as sort of a last resort. I bought a China built machine, witch was my first mistake, used it on my Farm for Number of years. Then, I broke it. I spent for ever looking for parts. I can’t find any anywhere! So I came to you. Does anyone out there now where who might have anything that will help. I am open to almost anything. My rear has a straight axle like an old car.  I could change to other styles. All I need is something to work with.  Thanks for listening to me........ Jerry 
    • By moto mutts
      This event will be limited to 30 UTVS Only; therefore, it is first come first serve. We recommend you sign up quickly, because spots will fill up fast.

Click here to sign up or get more info

The breathtaking White Mountains of Arizona are calling your name! Nestled at 7,000 feet elevation in the northeastern corner of Arizona, close to the New Mexico border, this is an ideal location for the off-road enthusiast thanks to cooler mountain temperatures and plenty of trails winding through pine forests.

UTV Offroad Adventures presents the White Mountain UTV Overnight Experience. The mountains are filled with forests, calm lakes, and high peaks that will take your breath away. So, the White Mountains in Arizona aren’t just regular mountains; they’re a whole lot of fun waiting to happen!

You will not want to miss this weekend filled with adventure! This event will take you on some of the most scenic trails Arizona has to offer in safe and organized manner. This is an EPIC overnight experience that will include your lodging and meals. The ride leaves from Eagar Arizona after a provided breakfast. Next, get ready for the beautiful White Mountain vistas and scenery as we head out on the trail to Hannagan Meadow, which is approximately 80 + miles. We will stay overnight at Hannagan Meadow Lodge. There will be a group dinner provided, raffles, quick draw poker, and lots of fun, laughs and good times. The next day will include a breakfast and then we will return to Eagar on some new trails. It is designed for all age groups and UTV experience. Come and see what we are all about and meet new and old friends. Join us in quick draw poker which helps us raise money for local charities.

• By Dreadnought
      I've searched the forum but don't think I found a solution.
      I just bought a used 2022 UT 400 with only 31 miles on it. Often I have to rev the motor just a little to get it to shift into forward or reverse. The original owner told me about this and said it needed the cable adjustment that you so often read about. It also jumped out of gear a few times and did grind a little but not very often and only under heavy load like going up a steep dirt road. After reading lots of posts I figured it must be the short shifter throw so I did the shifter extension modification. It didn't help at all. I thought, should I increase the idle speed? The tach reads about 1600 rpm at idle but it doesn't sound that fast to me. It doesn't seem like cable adjustment because it clicks right in gear with just a few more revs. Any ideas?
      Thanks for any wisdom.

• By redneckred
      I was looking at purchasing a 2017 Hisun vector 500, used of course.  The seller is selling it cheap stating the machine had "an unknown oil leak" and his kids ran it low on oil causing the timing chain to brake.  I am not familiar with small engines, but with what is being described, wouldn't this result in some damage to other internal components as well?  Just trying to get an idea if the machine is worth fixing or would it likely need a complete engine/overhaul to make it right before I entertain the thought of purchasing it.