Quantcast

Trooper wont start

Jason

well i have it narrowed down to my fuel pump and rad fan that are keeping me from enjoying my trooper, when i turn the ignition all the way over to where the fan and pump are suppose to kick in they do not, but sometime will. i ended up running a direct line to the fan and fuel pump and they are working but it still will not fire. i took off the fuel rail system to see if the injectors were giving fuel but they were not. so is it something to do with the computer? i replaced all the relays too just to make sure but still no go. is it because the computer isnt sending a single to the injectors to give fuel? im not a mech but i am getting frustrated cause no one around here knows anything about these things. and everything i know is off of this forum witch has helped me with so many problems that i have fixed. i am hoping to be helped again. is there a way to wire it to make the computer send a signal to the injectors to give fuel? if that is even how it works?

Guest Lenny

Check to see if your getting power to the computer. I would use a multi meter to check the wire going into the computer. Can't tell you which computer terminal it is but Kinarfi probably can. I found that with my original computer that I had to ground the computer aluminum case itself or it wouldn't work. I know, go figure. Make sure the ignition switch is forwarding the 12v power to the computer. Some on here have had bad ignition switches. Trace the 12v from the battery to the ignition and on to see it is getting where it needs to be. Good luck.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By joeam
      I have a 2018 TW450E that runs in my yard and slow good just will not go down the road seems to be running out of fuel where should i start? I have replaced both fuel and air filter drained gas and tried a small auxiliary tank same issue i have ordered a new vacuum fuel pump to try next anyone in Texas that works on these?
    • By Nathon S.
      I have a Bennche 700 EFI Bighorn. I’ve recently been unable to get it to start. After a little troubleshooting I realized my fuel pump was not pumping fuel. This weekend I emptied the gas and replaced it with new. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel injector. I also replaced the battery, spark plug and made sure all my fuses and relays were good. I have confirmed that the float on the fuel pump is not obstructed. The UTV is about 12 years old and has less than 100 hours on it. It has not run in over a year.  Not sure whats going on?!? After doing a little reading I'm leaning towards it being an issue with the ECU or perhaps a faulty wire in the wiring harness. Anyone have any ideas on where to start looking or what I could be dealing with? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    • By Hi sun 500
      hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!
    • By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By Richard shepard
      I have a 2021 colman 400utv engine will start and idle, as soon as you hit throttle to move engine dies and will only start when you throttle it, let off throttle it dies, I replaced the injector and plug still the same, anyone have any other ideas