Quantcast

Help disconnecting locker cable

Nickb1907

I tried searching for this and looking through the manual before I posted. I can't seem to figure out how to disconnect the cable from the pin coming out of the differential. I need to disconnect it to install the U shaped bracket that bolts to the diff that the cable goes through for the locker. My rear didnt have anything there.

BTW i modeled up and did a drawing on the bracket based off the the front. If yall have a bracket that everyone could use, I can model it up, do a drawing and anyone could take it to a local welding shop and have it made. See attached bracket.

post-1749-0-01388700-1358878730_thumb.png

If you look closely, you will see a slot on the side of the pin. Youhave to rotate the cable to the side to line the cable u p with the slot and it will slide out. Its a bit of a pain to put back on with the bracket. What cad program are you using? I used to use autocad but for the last several years have used Solidworks.

Lenny

If you look closely, you will see a slot on the side of the pin. Youhave to rotate the cable to the side to line the cable u p with the slot and it will slide out. Its a bit of a pain to put back on with the bracket. What cad program are you using? I used to use autocad but for the last several years have used Solidworks.

Lenny

Solidworks, but i have used all the others. We build frac equipment at work so i have access to all the fab stuff.