Quantcast

r2 dont like to start

Hi this my first post here.. I've got a 2009 joyner renegade that after it sits for an hour or two it takes forever ( like 10-20 min of cranking with full throttle)to start but once it starts it runs fine until you let it sit I've checked fuel and fuel pressure, spark and spark plugs I'm thinking it must be some kind of sensor I'm hoping someone on here can help.. thanks

Guest Lenny

In start mode, it doesn't get any gas at full throttle. Full throttle is for flood clearing when starting. Do a compression test. Pull your injector rail with the injectors and disconnect the ignition coil. Point the injectors into the air and crank it to see if all the injectors look like they are spraying ok. Do it quickly. Be careful, this is a great way to start a fire. Remember your misting an easily ignitable gas mixture into the air. I would do this outside and have a fire extinguisher handy. It not too bad, I've done it several times but be careful. There is a fuel replacement that is available for this test which won't ignite. Its probably not a sensor.

Potential issues I would address first; Weak spark, Not getting fuel, Low compression

Lenny

In my experience and from people I've talked to, low compression will cause the engine not to start by starter, if you push it or coast down a hill and get it to turn over faster, it will start and run great, even restart with no problem, until you let it cool off for a few hours, then it won't start again. Like Lenny said, check your compression!

How many miles do you have on it and have you changed your air filter over to a trusted brand, my 08 air filter passed a lot of fine dust, another fix is to put a snorkel on it so you it gets fresh clean air to breath.

• 1 year later...

DId you ever find a fix to your issue below?

I have the same issue, and the dealer that I purchased the Joyner is also unable to get it to crank. They were recommending that we replace the Power controller because the spark plugs weren't getting enough juice, but after doing so with another client with a similar issue, this didn't fix the issue either.

Any thoughts on the below would be most appreciated as everyone seems to be at a loss of the issue here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By LongSun
      I can not find it on the board, so I'm afraid I'm the only cheapo on the forum.
      What is the fuel economy of the Hisun HS590? (I guess it is the same as the HS550)
      I count in liter per 100 km, but if you use MPG it's okay with me, but please tell if you use the US or UK MPG!
    • By donwan
      I have a part that fell over to the exhaust and burned the harness up. I can't figure out what it is. Does anyone know what the start relay looks like? The part I can't figure out has 4 wires, a red power, a green and brown wire, a black and unsure what the 4th color was. Anyone have a clue?
    • By CYJSP2009
      Dear Friends, 
      2022 Brand new Joyner CV Axles and CV  Joint rebuild kits are comming 
      1.  S650.03.02.02.00 ---Joyner 650 Commando Rear
      2. TR1100.03.01.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Front 
      3. TR1100.03.02.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Rear
      4. D650.03.02.02.00 --- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Left 
      5. D650.03.02.03.00--- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Right 
      6. SV800.03.02.01.00 --- Joyner 800 Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft Left
      7.  14274 --- 650 ider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      8. 15803  ---  650 Sand Spider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      Attached are the part photos for reference. 
      Above parts are now on the way to USA, will be ready for inland delivery in middle of July. 
      Price: CV Axle: USD250/ Piece;  CV Joint kit (without grease): USD110  send to door. 
      There will be special discount availabe for deals completed within July 2022.  
      Buy 1 piece: Get 5% discount, 
      Buy 2 pieces: get 10% discount.
      Buy 3 pieces: get 15% discount, 
      Buy 4 and more than 4 pieces: get 20% discount. 
      Please kindly note Qty for each part is not big  and it is hard to forcast when there will be next offer for these kind of products unless there is sufficient confirmed order qty for productioin arrangement. 
      Payment method: Payoneer payment link ( can pay through bank account or credit card) or Paypal ( [email protected]) .  Payment commission paid by the buyer. 
      Interested parties, please contact [email protected]
      Thanks
      Good Luck
      Casey / Leaf Asia
      July-07-2022

• By MOTORHEAD1959
      ATV just clicks when trying to start. Battery is good, has a new starter, and all the wiring looks good. any suggestions on where to go from here? thanks 
    • By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!