Quantcast

jaybird

2008 Trooper T4 not getting spark at the plugs??

Need some help!! Pulled the motor and tranny out this past weekend to replace the clutch, got everything back together now wont start?? Not getting any spark at the plugs, but I am getting power to the ignition coil. Has anyone had to replace the ignition coil on their trooper? Tested the coil with a volt meter but not 100% sure what ideal readings are for this particular coil? I know its not a fuel issue, pump is good and plugs are wet and getting fuel pressure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

agreed with bigdan..check crank sensor plug in...also double check correct wires are plugged into coil,if I remember correctly the crank sensor plug will reach and plug into the coil and vice versa..

if coil was functioning correctly prior to pulling engine,I would look really good at wiring,grounds etc before changing coils just my 3 cents Hardy

jaybird...let us know how you make out...you said fuel pump was/is running...is it showing 50ish # on the gauge?...Hardy

I must say you all know your stuff, I had the crank sensor and coil plug reversed! Thanks a million, cant wait to get it back out on the hills!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.