Quantcast

2001 Kawasaki 3010 -can't remove front drive shaft - seems stuck on pinion splines???

GDub

I just bought a 2001 Kawasaki 3010 4WD (620KAF E), & I need to remove the 2-piece propeller shaft.

I removed the center bearing block & the rear section of the drive shaft pulled easily off the splined shaft of the transmission. But - I can't get the front section of the drive shaft to slip off the spline shaft from the front differential. I see no retainers or clips that need to be removed in the parts book. Just can't figure it out.

Could the drive shaft splines be frozen onto the front pinion shaft?

If so, does anyone have any advice on how to free it up???? I have an acetylene torch, but don't want to damage aluminum or rubber seals which are close by.

Any advice appreciated!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By LindaCall60
      Purchased a 2011 bighorn banchee. Needs motor work. Not sure what. Husband is mechanic but not computer savvy. So, is there a manual that will tell him how to tear this down?  We have down loaded a service manual, but he says it doesn't tell him what he is looking for. 
    • By johnpeter
      2016 Polaris Ranger 570 4WD On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/166657642388?

• By Kalyla Jackson
      Hey all!
      I'm on a mission to buy my first UTV soundbar as a gift for my dad. I'm aiming for something that offers great sound quality without breaking the bank – my budget is around $250. Right now, I'm considering options like ecoxgear, kemimoto, and boss.
      Does anyone have experience with these brands or specific models that you'd recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be super appreciated!
      Thanks in advance for your help!

• By Timpiker
      My UTV is a few years old and gets very little use.  I just noticed the drive belt slapping the plastic guard and making some noise.  The manual tells me how to replace it but not how to tighten it.  Apparently, there is no adjustment.  Does anyone know if there is an adjustment?  Is the belt supposed to have a lot of slop in it?
    • By lonesome_spud
      I am trying to locate a transmission radiator for my 2022 coleman UT400.  I cannot find a parts listing that shows the transmission radiator, so I am not sure what the part number is.