Quantcast
Jump to content

barbwire

2007 KAF950

Recommended Posts

I have a diesel mule and I just replaced the head gasket when I went to start it the antifreeze bubbles out immediately. Seems like it is under pressure and the water is not circulating. I also put in a new thermostat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It sounds like the cylinder compression is pumping air through your coolant system. Is it possible that the gasket was put on upside down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Topics

    • By bjones
      2007 Mule 610,  owned for 8 yrs and valves were ticking when I got it and had them adjusted twice and this is when plugs began to foul.  I replaced battery (used battery I had on hand) a yr ago and didn't foul a plug for some time and replaced batter (new) with a bigger lawn mower type battery again a month ago and have fouled two plug since.  Had carb cleaned and valves adjusted and still fouls plugs way to often.  Friend has a mule just like mine and his does same thing. Have read this is a common problem with 610 mule.  Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.  Thanks and stay healthy.
    • By Hisunsadman
      Last October we were sitting at an idle on a Sunday morning and it died for the first time since we time since we bought it new I've already sent it to the shop because it's under warranty after trying to fix it. New fuel injector new spark plug couldn't do a compression check because I couldn't find anything to fit it but now that it's at the shop I have a feeling that the exhaust valves tighten themselves up and they are not closing anybody ever have this problem?
    • By Travis
      View File Kawasaki Mule 550,520,500 Engine repair manual
      This file contains all specifications,troubleshooting and repair procedures for the FE290D  (9.5H.P,286cc) engine used in the  Mule 500,520 and 550 models.
      Topics covered include,  general information, service data, disassembly, reassembly,inspection of parts and maintenance.
      Notes:
      Make sure you're reading the correct information as this manual covers multiple FE series engine, some of which were not used in Mules, the manual does a very good job of clarifying which specifications and procedures are for which Model engine.
       
      Submitter Travis Submitted 01/13/2021 Category Kawasaki  
    • By Travis
      Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts
      Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!
       
    • By Joel Goldsney
      I did a fairly major overhaul on my HS 700.
      Had some issues with bending valves...I believe found the root of the problem. Replaced the timing chain (old one was  stretched 3/4" longer) 
      Got everything back together....but had a fairly steady oil leak from the stator cover.  I tightened the bolts as much as I dared, they were all torqued to spec at assembly but  when I noticed the leak I gave the bolts on either side of the leak an extra bit of tightening to try and get the leak to stop but no luck.  
      Had a bit of a brain wave and did some googling, seems like a few other folks had  a similar idea. I cleaned the area with brake clean and ran a bead of crazy glue down the crack. Let it soak in and dry and did a second round. Let it dry and fired it up, voila...no more leak.
      Will see how this holds up but it saved me having to rip it all apart again , hopefully this helps someone else. 
       




×
×
  • Create New...