Quantcast

WebSerf

2006 Mule 610 drive belt gets wet in floorboard deep water

I went into a puddle that just came over the floor boards and had to pull my UTV out with a rope because the drive belt started slipping. I know that the drive belt is in an enclosure that is vented and should not have allowed water in unless it came in against the pressure of the ventilation air being discharged or I have a cracked drive belt housing. My question is does anyone know of an aftermarket vent add-on for this housing that will vent at some point higher than the wheels. It seems to me that having the discharge point for the ventilation at the bottom of the engine (see attached image) is inviting this kind of problem. I know that there is a vent/drain on the bottom of the housing (indicated by the "A" on the image) to drain any water that might get in but I would like to lower the possibility of water entering the belt area.

Thanks.

post-3021-0-91517900-1447034264_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bruce A. Revelle
      I have a Bad Boy Stampede 900 and would like to know if anyone sells a seatbelt by-pass for the accelerator.
    • By Snatchy
      I have a 2016 Joyner T2 that is giving me problems engaging in and out of 4 wheel drive.  I have read some older posts that address this issue on some older models, but can't get any of the older pics to open for a good explanation.  
      I have not taken anything apart at this point.  Hoping some mechanically savvy Joyner owners can help me out.
      Thanks
    • By Harry Thomas
      Any 1 with some good advice ,my Kawasaki 2017 mule side by side was submerged in water and now dead. What can i do ?  
    • By Mustang
      Hi, I am trying to decide on a UTV for use at my vacation cabin. It's located on a small island (Gedney, or more commonly, Hat Island) in Puget Sound. Access is only by boat. There is a barge (landing craft) that operates sporadically (about . It costs about $300 each way so, obviously, reliability and dependability is my biggest concern.
      We have been looking at a Cub Cadet Challenger 550 or 750. We like the features that come with it. In reviews that I have been able to find, there have been some problems with them ranging from leaks to electrical to engine failures. I know that most of the reviews are probably written to bitch about the problem/dealer so I place them in perspective.
      Does anyone have experience with them and would you recommend them (or others instead)?
      Thanks, I look forward to your opinions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• By Heck
      Just purchased a new '18  UXV 700i LE- Am looking for a set of seat belt extenders that will work with this unit. Talked to multiple dealers and they dont seem to know or understand what I need.....
      Need em to get past the table muscle....  Any help would be appreciated..