Quantcast

Driving with the hand brake on

Kinarfi

I went for a ride the other day, just an easy slow poke putt, but i didn't notice the hand brake was on, after a few miles, I noticed I was losing power, so I stepped on the gas, no difference, then I down shifted, OK power, what's that smell, ahh damn, brakes on.

I had already had problems with this before in my '08 and added a sensor to tell me when the brake handle was NOT all the way down, so I decided that it was such a good idea, I needed to do it to my '15 also. It's a pretty easy thing to do & I recommend it to all. When I talked to Brandon at Joyner to order a new brake line, he said he had seen it many times. I took a handful of photos, added some text to explain them and put them in my google drive, here's the link if you would like to see what happened. The switch I used is a Hall Effect transistor, a reed switch could be used also, but I don't like them because I have had some bad luck with them and broke 2 of them before I went with the Hall Effect trasistor.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByQAhs0e-yF9cnM2RmlhQ3hzdjQ&usp=sharing

• 4 weeks later...

Putting in the light works better for me, I'm the one that keeps doing it, but having the light works great, I also have a tendency with my disabilities to hit the gas and brake at the same time, and since the light works with either brake system, it works great for me.

Ready to go to Moab yet?????

I am!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By jim fisher
      i just purchased a 2024 g2 z force 800 and would like to power some accessories with out hardwiring would a 3 way cig lighter adapter work plugged into the 12 volt outlet on the machine each splitter plug has on/off switch accessories include led light bar, micro midland 2 way radio and maybe a bluetooth soundbar obviously wouldnt be running these at same time.
    • By catalyst
      We own a 2020 Kubota RTV-XG-850, with only 400 hours on it and it has been at the dealer 3+ months. We were just informed our engine failed and requires a complete rebuild at only 400 hours! There is a loss of compression in cylinder #1, which is causing backfiring and a loss of power. There is also excess gas in the engine oil. 
      We are just outside of the manufacture's warranty period, and they are serving us a nearly $5000 repair bill, with only a 90 day warranty.

A member at a different forum had the same issue at 22 hours and fortunately, his RTV is under warranty. He was informed that "short tripping" (as Kubota describes it) causes gasoline to enter into the engine oil, which causes a dilution of engine oil and eventually leads to catastrophic engine failure. This killed our engine in under 400 hours!

Is anyone else with a 2018-2022 XG-850 running into similar issues?

• By ILoveOldJunk
      Recently acquired a 21 year old Mule.  The previous owner let the brake master cylinder run dry, and when I flushed the brakes, one wheel's brakes locked up.  I took the wheel off, but cannot get the axle nut off, and there is not enough space to get my gear puller behind the drum anyway.  Anybody had an issue with seized brakes?  How can I get this thing off to replace it or rebuild it?