Quantcast

Odes Dominator

waterbufalo

• 2 months later...

Hi mate, Ive got an 800. Had it for 4/5 years.If you are happy to cruise around at a leisurely pace and do a bit of exploring then they are a cheap alternative. Anything remotely fast on rough ground will likely end in early end to the day. Ive had to replace the tie rods for small car ones as I broke one without much effort so I just replaced at the same time. Only issue is the Ive probably move the weak point to somewhere else.

Also I have managed to roll it once at relatively slow speed and tweaked the cage. I pulled it back roughly to where it should be and then removed the doors and welled in side intrusion bars to help strengthen it a little until I can make something better later. I've also shredded a belt so I replaced it and ordered a 2nd which I keep in the glove box.

They are a cheap fun vehicle but they arent a Can Am or Polaris. If you have mates you are riding with that have the brand name UTVs dont expect to be keeping up in the fast stuff. I like to go out by myself and just explore so it suits me fine. I would like to push it harder at times but I just except the limitations and drive to suit. There are several upgrades I want to do to make it safer and more capable.

I'll add some pics a bit later if like.

• 2 years later...
On 2/6/2017 at 10:16 AM, waterbufalo said:

Does anyone have info on the Odes Dominator X4 800. I ve been looking at theses and trying to get better info on the plz give some insight..Thx

Don't buy one I have a 2018 Dominator x 2 800 10 months old been in and out of the shop for the 7 months  just got it out of shop again been there for 2 1/2 months there junk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By fishhouse3
      FOR SALE: 2021 CFMOTO ZForce 800 Trail with many extras and full warranty until 2027. Only 625 miles and 50 hours of use.
      In great condition, has a clean title and one adult owner. Has had all scheduled regular maintenance and has not been abused. Only used about six times on weekend trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV.
      Under full CFMOTO Care bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until 8/2027 (paid $1,600). Full service and tune up just completed with new clutch, drive shaft, belt, rollers, etc (paid $1500). Plus it comes with over $3,500 in upgrades and accessories! Way too many included items to list here (see last pics for full details).
      This machine is ready to go and needs nothing - just hop in and hit the trails!  I have over $20k invested in this machine. Priced VERY fair to sell quick at less than half that!!!
      $9,999 WITHOUT warranty -OR- $10,999 WITH full extended warranty until 8/2027.
      Located in Chesterfield, VA 23832. Message me for more pics and info!

• By Kingfish
      The conversion took about 350lbs. off the vehicle.  It never rode great, but now I feel every  crack in the road.  I have backed off spring compression nut to the point just under where they would move around if suspension was at full extension, but it is still very stiff.  I would like to put some softer coilover springs on it, but I have no idea what the spring rate is with the original springs so I would just be guessing on what to order.  Does anyone have the data for the original spring compression rate?  I am willing to give up a little ground clearance for a softer ride. Right now when sitting still the rear suspension is at or near full extension and the rear tires have several degrees of camber which will cause uneven wear if allowed to continue in this state.
    • By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By MISTERTIRE66
      Recently inherited 08 joyner renegade r4 800.. seems to be sound mechanically but I cannot find bal joints. Any pone help with other replacement part number please.
    • By James L
      Having a hard time in reverse it seems to jerk very roughly while trying to back up????