Quantcast

All C/V Joints all model and brands of side x side

Silverbullet

Lets talk about thing we just don't think about.Its the c/v axles.We change the oil and replace brakes and tune up engine.So what else do we need to service is the c/v axles.

lubrication brakes down from cheep grease and friction of the balls and the cage.If boots are good than just cut off the steel clamps get some brake clean and a brush and rags and clean out all the old grease .Replace with a good quality synthetic grease.We carry Desert Gold grease that when repacking the c/v will last a long time it will not break down.We tested a new C/V axle and drove it hard and then we replace the grease with Desert Gold and the c/v ran 20% cooler than the new one

Rich

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By strike250
      I have the factory service manual available for the Buck 400. Just send me a message with your email and I'll get it to you. Although there is no charge for this, it would be great if  you would visit my website where you could donate any amount to help do things like this with others who need it. Again, there is no charge for this manual, and no obligation to donate. But if you did, I would thank you for sure. Have fun on the trails. www.warriorsoffroad.com

Matt

• By Strongsteven
      My 2014 mule has all 4 25x11-10’s. Mule has 2” lift kit installed. I need new tires. I found a fantastic new set of 2 25x11-10 and 2 25x9-10.  Will the 9” work for the front?  If so whats pro’s con’s of not having all 4 the same. I have the oem 10 “ rims. 
    • By Bret4207
      2019 Coleman Outfitter 550, 160-ish hours. Was driving it slowly and it just slowed down and died. Won't start. Pops once as soon as I start cranking and that's it. I have great blue white spark on the spark tester, jumps 1/2". Changed injector, no joy. Changed plugs to new several times, no joy. Pulled injector power wire and tried ether through air intake after removing air filters- nothing! I do notice if I put my hand over the air intake where the filter goes, I get pressure  pushing back at me. Jumped time? Stuck valve? Is there a decompressor on this that could be malfunc?

This is the one I've had that was inop for months and months while Coleman tried to find someone to fix it. Warranty is long expired now. I'll never have anything good to say about this thing.
    • By Kontra06
      Thanks for letting me join in!
      Looking at the Tracker 800DSX LE for my "runabout" rig and something to take the grandkids out into the desert dust and brush.
      Kontra06 (Mark Porter)
    • eManualOnline
    • By JacobG
      I bought a used 2015 Coleman HS400UTV-2. I assume this has a wet clutch and plan to use Mobile 1 T4 oil. Any feedback would be appreciated.