Quantcast

turbokid

camoplast s4 tracks

hi guys. i am using my john deere gator 855d on wet muddy clay fields and found that it is not good in wet conditions and too low to the ground. i decided to buy a set of camoplast track. they are absolutey brilliant in wet, the gator will go anywhere, however after a few weeks, the tracks started to give endless trouble with water and dirt getting into the bearings and burning them out. i have no confidance in them anymore and afraid to install them as just always seem to let me down. i have come to the conclusion that these tracks are only designed and built for snow and not wet mud. please can someone give me some advice as my gator is no good to me on the stock wheels. all comments welcome

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Hey Guys!

Hey everyone!  My name is Scott, and my wife, kids and I are in escrow on a home that is on 10 acres.  After much back and forth trying to decide between getting a tractor or a side x side for working around the property, I finally narrowed it down to a side x side.  My father has a 2018 Odes Dominator x4 Zeus, so I called him up to get his thoughts on it, as he uses it on his 12 acres out in Missouri quite a bit.  While talking, he mentioned that he is thinking about selling his Odes, and buying a jeep to tow behind his motorhome, so we got to talking, and it looks like I'm buying it from him.  Its a 2018 with 13 hours on it, break in just done, and all fluids just got changed.  I look forward to learning more about the UTV world, and look forward to any input anyone can give me on the Odes brand of UTV.   Thanks Scott

By Poriggity, in New Members Area

• 2 replies
    • Anyone know where I can have my Cam re-ground?

I have a SOHC in my 800cc buggy, i’m looking to do some performace mods like head valves ect. I’m just having a hard time finding a place that can re grind my cam locally. I don’t mind shipping it but just need some recommendations thanks 

By KTMspeedFreak, in General Discussion - Anything

• 7 replies
    • 2008 Big Muddy head gasket question

Thanks for the add. I have a chance to buy a 2008 Big Muddy sxs70 with 500 hours. Owners says needs head gasket as getting water in oil but has not over headed,does not knock or smoke. Price sounds real good . I have no problem changing head gasket but but does it sound to be that simple? Thanks for any help.

By jjln50, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • John Deere 825I

Just picked up a timing belt covers for my trooper,the Gator 825I uses the exact same covers not sure if anything else matches. Casey @ JMC gave me the tip.

By DevilDog, in John Deere UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply