Quantcast

Hi,  can someone please verify if my timing marks are correct?   

The images are of the timing marks at TDC.  the Crank/Cam marks look right on, but I was surprised to see the cam's timing marks completely off the page.   I was thinking I had it 180 out somehow because that's the symptoms I'm experiencing when trying to start it.   When I'm cranking it, and trying at full throttle, I hear some light (muffled) backfiring that sounds like on the intake side.   

20190505_220058.jpg

20190505_220019.jpg

20190505_215949.jpg

20190505_215933.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      I was reading a VS. article on ATV.COM, and they were doing a head to head  with the Pro FX EPS, and the Textron Prowler. And they said Kawasaki is using a  812 CC Chery motor for the Mule!
       Kind of surprised me, i thought Kawasaki used their own engines for the mules.
      🤔
    • By Travis
      01 Mule 550.
      I cant find the timing mark!
      Is the dot on the 1st pic a timing mark or is it an OIL passage?
      The 2nd pic is just whole cam it self. I can get more pics if need be.

• By mattsmithwelder
      looking for a Kawasaki mule timing chain with a master link
    • By Kinarfi
      Went for a ride out at the Little Sahara Dunes a while back and my clutch started not releasing completely, it got so bad that I had to turn the engine off to put it in gear. Took it for another ride and still had the problem, and assuming the worsts, I assumed that the fork for the throw out bearing was breaking or warping, so I ordered an inspection scope so I could look inside to make sure that was the problem, I wanted one of these anyway, and figured I'd be able to make a hole in the bell housing and stick the camera end in and see what was happening, as I was make the hole, I was also blowing the dust and drill chips out and I could see that the pressure plate was moving and I drilled some more and blew air in some more and I jacked the rear end off the ground and when I put the clutch in, the wheels would stop, so I took it out for a little ride and I shifted beautifully and went into all gears beautifully and it seems to be fixed now, and all I did was blow the dust and dirt out. I pulled the little plate off at the bottom rear and put a vacuum there while blowing in air from above through the hole I made, but if I had it to do over again, I would just pull the sensor and blow air in through there, maybe pull the starter and blow air in there too.
    • By rwwiefer
      Anyone know how much timing I can run on a 2006 650cc.