Quantcast

Massimo 400 Buck electrical problem

I have a Massimo 400 Buck that won't start. When I turn the key, I get nothing, no lights, the meter doesn't light up, etc... I replaced the ECU and everything lit up, it cranked perfect, ran for a couple of minutes and shut down again. I have tried calling Massimo, they are pathetic, have been waiting a week for a return call. Any idea where to look? 

No, it is not the battery, I have got it running but not sure why. I think there must be a contact sticking. I hit the voltage regulator with the handle of a screwdriver, everything powered up. the engine fired up and ran for a while then it shut down, had to hit the regulator again and it ran fine for the rest of the afternoon. This morning, everything fired up fine, I started backing it out and it quit running, had to hit it again and now is running fine. This is a new regulator, had the same situation with the old regulator. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By htrotte
      #1   While troubleshooting an issue with temp warning light I discovered another temp switch mounted in the pipe going to the head  The two switches are literally 6 inches apart.  Does anyone know what this third switch is used for?  If i can figure out how I will post pictures.
      Author #2   Finally got the pictures took.  See the photo and tell me if you know what the switch on the right is.
      It looks to be factory and I know the girl who bought it new and she didn't install it.
      I can't find anything on it in any manual i have looked at.  Any help would be appreciated.

• By joel b
      i purchased a brand new massimo tboss 410 and from day 1 it wont operate in reverse.  When i pop in reverse and give it gas it will die out.  when i pop in reverse sometimes in will die right away (before giving any gas) and 1 time out of 100 when i pop in reverse it will operate perfectly fine.   and yes, it operates perfectly dine in normal drive H and L.  any thoughts??   when i called the dealer i got it from they had no idea.  
    • By Randyh79
      Is there a way to adjust the brightness of the dash light on aHisun 750 sector?
    • By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By Mark T
      MY 400 is gutless. I would like to know if I can upgrade to a larger engine ?