Quantcast

Tw400 neutral safety switch bypass

john s

Do you know where the actuator is? If you find that, it's a simple process to bypass. If it's actuated by being open, then you can just remove it, or pull the wire/wires. If it's a closed switch then you just connect the wires, to complete the circuit. 

Most of the switch bypass that I've done, have been pretty evenly divided between the two methods. In your situation, bypassing the neutral safety switch. I'd look for the switch somewhere around the shift linkage. 

Obviously it'd be better to fix the problem, than bypass the safety switch. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By htrotte
      While troubleshooting an issue with temp warning light I discovered another temp switch mounted in the pipe going to the head  The two switches are literally 6 inches apart.  Does anyone know what this third switch is used for?  If i can figure out how I will post pictures.

• By htrotte
      #1   While troubleshooting an issue with temp warning light I discovered another temp switch mounted in the pipe going to the head  The two switches are literally 6 inches apart.  Does anyone know what this third switch is used for?  If i can figure out how I will post pictures.
      Author #2   Finally got the pictures took.  See the photo and tell me if you know what the switch on the right is.
      It looks to be factory and I know the girl who bought it new and she didn't install it.
      I can't find anything on it in any manual i have looked at.  Any help would be appreciated.

• By Mark T
      MY 400 is gutless. I would like to know if I can upgrade to a larger engine ?
    • By Onebad54
      Has anyone solved the 750 Hisun Sector shifter problem?
    • By moonrover
      Mine is overheated/burned/melt at connection with its wire connector, parts are ordered to replace both them.  This seems to be a common issue, and some of you already replaced it. I right now just connect the wires, so the fan runs  all the time whenever the initiation is on, but it's better let fan runs as needed with a working temperature sensor/switch. 
      Question: Does some coolant come out by removing the switch/sensor from radiator?  Or, is the threaded hole all the way inside radiator?   If the answer is yes,  I want to drain or extract  some coolant to make its level below the sensor before replacing it, so I don't make a mess with coolant spilled out 
      Thank you.