Quantcast

Johnson Announces Three-Race Off-Road GP Schedule

Former CORR champion and multi-time AMA supercross and motocross champion Ricky Johnson has announced a schedule for the 2009 Ricky Johnson Offroad GP presented by Lucas Oil Products.

The three-race series, which will be sanctioned by the United States Auto Club (USAC), and a year-end banquet is scheduled to take place as follows:

• February 27-28 (Sportsman 27th, Pro 28th)Manzanita Speedway - Phoenix, AZ
  • March 20-21 (Sportsman 20th, Pro 21st)Perris Auto Speedway - Perris, CA
  • October 30-31 (Sportsman 30th, Pro 31st)Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Las Vegas,
  • NV November 1 (Offroad GP Banquet)

The series will also be aired in three one-hour shows on SPEED Channel, with expert commentators Ken Stout and Cameron Steele confirmed as the on-air talent.

Each event will host GP 4, GP 2, GP-Lite, Pro ATV, Superlite and Pro Buggy as professional clases while Single Buggy, UTV, Trophy Karts, Amateur ATV and a Pre-Runner class will be categorized as Sportsman classes, with Sportsman-class points earned at an Offroad GP counting toward the CORR Sportsman Championship as well.

“After speaking with CORR’s President Cissy Baldwin, I feel that the Offroad GP Triple Crown will not conflict with the CORR or WSORR Championship series,” Johnson said in a press release issued by the series. “We have a lot coming up for the inaugural 2009 season! Terrible Herbst will be the host hotel and marketing partner in coordination with their gas stations. We will also be working closely with SEMA for the last round of racing. I would like to thank everyone who supported our first race this past November and look forward to seeing you all in February!”

For more information, contact [email protected].

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.