Quantcast

Joel Goldsney

2009 Hisun 700 - Stator Gasket bush fix

I did a fairly major overhaul on my HS 700.

Had some issues with bending valves...I believe found the root of the problem. Replaced the timing chain (old one was  stretched 3/4" longer) 

Got everything back together....but had a fairly steady oil leak from the stator cover.  I tightened the bolts as much as I dared, they were all torqued to spec at assembly but  when I noticed the leak I gave the bolts on either side of the leak an extra bit of tightening to try and get the leak to stop but no luck.  

Had a bit of a brain wave and did some googling, seems like a few other folks had  a similar idea. I cleaned the area with brake clean and ran a bead of crazy glue down the crack. Let it soak in and dry and did a second round. Let it dry and fired it up, voila...no more leak.

Will see how this holds up but it saved me having to rip it all apart again , hopefully this helps someone else. 

20210101_153002.jpg

20210101_152926.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends. I'm Anıl. I live in Turkey. I have a Hisun 700 UTV 2015 Models. My problem is : 
      inability to change gear after the engine has started. Before the engine starts, it can shift into all gears; but after running, I cannot change gear. At about 3000 km. Fuel injection model. Can anyone help on this topic? Thank you!
    • By Dennis
      I have  a bulldog i bought from home depot in 2013.  In the last season it started refusing to shift from neutral to either forward or reverse.  I changed the trans axle fluid and made sure the cables were lubricated and free.  With a lot of coaxing, I can sometimes get it to shift.  once I start driving it, things improve until I let it set awhile.   Any suggestion on where to go from here?
    • By McMURDY
      Just joined this forum. I am a new owner of a used 2016 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 Crew. I bought it from a friend's wife after my friend suddenly passed away this Summer. We hadn't run it much since when he passed in July and I used it to do some light plowing on my driveway last month and a handful of times during hunting season. Then, we got blasted with bitter cold and 2 feet of snow last week and it wouldn't start. I assumed the battery was low (from JUN 2018) and put another lawn and garden battery on I had which was relatively new and unused. It runs a plow and a front and rear LED light too. It started right up with the new battery, but when my wife plowed with it for 10-15 minutes, it ran dead. It has 250 CCA (the previous one had 350 CCA). Not knowing any better, I jumped it with my car running and let that charge it for 1/2 hour but got the same thing....a few swipes with the plow and it was dead again. I left it on the charger overnight, hoping that will give it a full charge and that will take care of the problem but I don't want to find out it doesn't work when another storm comes. Should I get a new battery? What do you guys recommend that will run the motor, the plow and the extra lights and do you charge it often during cold weather? Wish my friend was around to ask him what he did but he's gone and I'm new at this.  Thanks!
    • By MassBuck400
      I purchased this Buck 400 last year and having a few issues. Maybe some members have had these and fixed them.
      Here are my current issues with the B400. 1. Starting has become a challenge. Not the actual starting of the engine but to keep it running. When I turn the key, it starts up but as soon as I let go of the key and it turns back, the 400 dies. I have learned if I hold the key for a few seconds it will remain running.  Not a clue as to what would cause this or how to fix it? 2. This thing  is very hard to get in gear now. It grinds a lot before it goes in gear. Maybe the clutch needs adjusting? 3. I jerks a lot on take off. This could also be the clutch?   Any help would be appreciated.   
    • By Heath Herring
      I have a 2014 4010 trans 4x4 (KAF620REF). Are the rear left and right driveshaft assemblies the same part number? I ordered the two sections individually for the rear right & they are coming up too short in length. Possibly the wrong parts ordered by the dealer? Thanks in advance.