Quantcast

Sector 250 wont start after WOT kill reset

JDH

Hi guys,

Got a Sector 250 that I replaced the idle air control valve in and was instructed to so a wide open throttle till rev limiter reset so that it would reset the ECU parameters.  As soon as it hit redline area the engine just died.  No noise, no breaking sound, nothing.  Now it will not start.  Spark plug fires, about every 10 revolutions I hear a poof sound I guess where it is expelling gas.  It is definitely not hitting.  It sounds like trying to start an engine without the spark plug wire hooked up.

Does anyone know of anything electrical or any safety switch/fuse that I might have damaged?  I have never ran into anything like this before.

Thanks

Jason

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By alevins
      Good day all, 
      searching here but cannot find the answer,  Hisun been working fine and now reverse limiter seems to be engaging and cannot back up, cannot find a clear solution to disable the limiter. found a possible relay?  not sure which one or to cuut a wire at ecu but a picture or diagram would be helpful
      thank you for any help in advance
    • By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By Jon C
      Hello to anyone who reads this. I am Jon and I own J&M Outdoor Power, a very small, small engine repair shop. I was approached by Coleman about 6 months ago to become one of their Warranty Centers.
      I recently received 3 different UT400's and a UT500 all with similar issues. These units range from 2 months to 2 years old. Customers state that the unit(s) was/were running fine, then heard a pop and a loss of power, two would no longer start. The two that would run would not achieve normal operating speed (around 20mph I would say) without redlining the RPMs. I quickly found that the Valve lash on each unit had become too large on some(both intake and exhaust) and too tight on one(just intake). 
      After setting the gaps to .005(I found multiple different people suggesting bigger and smaller gaps, but no definitive Coleman Spec number yet) every unit starts, runs, and achieves top speed without issue.
      I don't know how many others have come across these issues, and I wanted to get something out on the web for others in the same predicament. 
      Please let me know if you have had similar issues.
      Edit: I realize that this will not be a fix all solution for this issue, as the oil level and condition should be verified before moving to the valves. Many times improper oil conditions will cause valve lash to change. These units all have good oil and proper oil changes.
    • By Richard shepard
      I have a 2021 colman 400utv engine will start and idle, as soon as you hit throttle to move engine dies and will only start when you throttle it, let off throttle it dies, I replaced the injector and plug still the same, anyone have any other ideas