Quantcast

New member from North Arkansas

Spade

I just joined.  I own a 2012 Kawasaki 4001  side by side and use it mostly around the house.  Once in a while it goes deer hunting.  I love this rig because of its dump bed and metal body.  I haul dirt, compost and cut up trees.  I posted yesterday about my problem of the machine not wanting to idle.  I watched a You Tube which aided me in changing out the fuel filter located below the fuel pump.  Now it runs sweet again.  The filter was completely clogged.  I'll never put regular unleaded gas in it again if I can help it. I love this machine as a utility hauler around the house.  I would buy a new S X S but have not seen anything better on the market.  I intend to consult you experts next time I have a mechanical problem because the dealers are far too expensive.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TomW
      I had a problem 6-8 mo ago when the unit would not start . But you could see power on the dash. The starter solenoid was replaced and it has been fine until yesterday. When I started it up I noticed a high pitched noise coming from under the front. Like a alarmbuzz ..It seemed to drive fine so I went ahead and used it off and on for a hour or so . The noise would not go away . I parked it in the shed and lifted the hood . It seemed to be coming from the battery compartment ( where the new starter solenoid is) I jiggled the connections and the noise changed timbre and then the machine went dead. No power at all . No lights . When you cross the two poles on the starter solenoid ( previously last year it would start and run ) nothing. Checked the battery and it is fully charged . I checked the fuses inside the battery box and they all looked good  but I must be missing something. Anyone have a clue what I need to do next to R&R. The closest repair place is 2 hours away in Mississippi . Any help would be appreciated.
    • By NHTracker
      I have 2020 Tracker 800SX LE that I bought new in 2020.  Yesterday i noticed two cracks in the bed in the corners at the tailgate end.  They go all the way through the bed.  I use it around the property moving firewood, dirt and stuff.  Don't know how they could occur.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?  Help!!!

• By NHTracker
      I have a 2020 Tracker 800SX LE that I bought new in 2020.  Yesterday I noticed two cracks in the bed on the inside corners at the tailgate end.  They go all the way through.   I use it around the property moving firewood, dirt and stuff.  Never put stress on the sides of the bed.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?  Help!!!

• By Travis
      View File Kawasaki Mule 550,520,500 Complete service manual
      This is a complete service manual for the Kawasaki Mule 500,520 and 550 models.
      Topics  covered include Brakes, Steering, Electrical system, suspension and fuel system. As well as engine repair procedures and Transmission/Final Drive procedures.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
      If you need more information about the engine this manual linked below is chock full of information.
      Thanks goes to @cliffyk for getting these files all  into one PDF format for uploading.
      Submitter Travis Submitted 04/18/2021 Category Kawasaki  
    • By ETHIEL
      Spark plug keeps fouling. after 10-15 minutes of running any ideas what to look fore