Quantcast

Challenger 700 help needed. Rad fan won’t turn on.

JakeK

First time poster - new member. Most issues between my pioneer 700 and Challenger 700 I’ve been able to fix without issue. This problem is a different story. Have a 2016 Challenger 700 that overheated due to cooling fan not coming on. Changed both temp sensors on thermostat housing as well as radiator temp sensor. (Being that unit overheated I teplaced to be safe) Put power to fan to verify operation - works great. Checked all fuses, connections ect. No issues found. Verified coolant level and air bled out - all good. Using a temp gun I Can see temps climb to 210 at thermostat housing and 195 at rad at sensor location and fan won’t turn on. Any help on where to check or any wiring schematics for this unit ?

Rhino has a snubber diode in series with power feed from IGN switch.  Clones also have same.  The diode OPENS.....thus no power to FAN.  Test by jumping in 12V when radiator warm.  If thermo switch is good and no air in coolant....have fan.  The bad part.....the diode is part of the wiring harness.  Hard wire the "jumper" IGN switch feed and don't waste time looking for diode.  Post back results.

Went back and verified your diag and that is the issue. Thank you. Got tired of working through the excess and unnecessary method of controlling the fan. Ended up ordering a 22mm rad hose sensor adapter with a 175 degree sensor which I’ll install to piggy-back the factory system that seems to constantly give issues. The $65 is worth the insurance if the factory components fail again.

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ron from the Mitten
      I purchased a 2008 Qlink Rodeo 700 a few years ago.  I am from Michigan.  Anyone know of any local repair shops?  I had a dead battery, so I replaced that, started right up, ran the quad down the road, (this was last year), put it in the barn, shut it off.  then a couple weeks later, went to go start it again, and nothing.  I have power to the dash lights, horn, turn signals, wench etc, but nothing to the starter switch, and I hate electrical crap.  Battery still reads 12.x volts.

Any suggestions would be amazing.  I've owned it over 2 years, and haven't run 1 tank of gas through it.  No time to screw with it, and very frustrated.  Hoping someone can offer some advice of value.
    • By Hi sun 500
      hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!
    • By buckrub
      Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm an old man who's better with plowing a mule (4-legged kind) than these newfangled beasts. I, and a friend of mine, just bought new Coleman sxs and are having to finish the assembly. I've been reading on this site and I'm falling on the mercy of you experts. The only way I'm an expert is that an "ex" is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure. LOL First off, the 2 buggies have no ignition switches. They seem to mount on the dash, not the opening in the steering wheel shaft cover, so we ordered new ones that are supposed to fit. They are 8 inches long, and have a 4-wired white plugin which is slightly rectangled when looking at the end of the plug. The trouble is there's nothing to plug into. There is a three-wire grey plug close enough to reach the four-wire plug, but of course, they are not compatible. 
      Secondly, the blinker, light, ect. unit on steering wheel just spins around when touched. I see no way in heaven or earth to secure it. I've looked at a diagram on the Powersports site, but can't detect how it mounted. Fellows I'd be so grateful for any help with this. Me and my mule will even plow your garden for free, for your help. LOL 

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By DJ Brusenski
      checked all the fuses and relays, I can jump start it with the key in the on position. it will not key start need some help, thanks