Quantcast

2014 massimo hs700 efi speedometer reads zero

New to the forum looking for information from the experts.  Brother bought a Massimo hs700 from a friend, needed a new rear axle.  Got it home drove it around a little (since it still had 3 axles)and noticed the speedometer reads zero.  Replaced the axle and put a new spd sensor in it and still doesn't work.  Bench Tested the old sensor and it worked.  Unplugged and Checked the wiring from instrument cluster with key on  and I get 6.8v from signal and 7.2v from the power supply.  Isn't it supposed to be 12v power supply zero volts signal.  Has analog speedometer.

21 hours ago, Jacob Keith said:

New to the forum looking for information from the experts.  Brother bought a Massimo hs700 from a friend, needed a new rear axle.  Got it home drove it around a little (since it still had 3 axles)and noticed the speedometer reads zero.  Replaced the axle and put a new spd sensor in it and still doesn't work.  Bench Tested the old sensor and it worked.  Unplugged and Checked the wiring from instrument cluster with key on  and I get 6.8v from signal and 7.2v from the power supply.  Isn't it supposed to be 12v power supply zero volts signal.  Has analog speedometer.

Screenshot_20220401-114228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb6d9f64da694ba4080de098dbea67ee.jpg

I'm just kinda assuming the instrument cluster is bad, just wondering if anyone can confirm on theirs, im pretty sure blue signal should have 0v from instrument cluster.  I know its a cheap rhino clone but rhinos used  a different speed sensor and location. So I can't look anything up on that

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By buckrub
      Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm an old man who's better with plowing a mule (4-legged kind) than these newfangled beasts. I, and a friend of mine, just bought new Coleman sxs and are having to finish the assembly. I've been reading on this site and I'm falling on the mercy of you experts. The only way I'm an expert is that an "ex" is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure. LOL First off, the 2 buggies have no ignition switches. They seem to mount on the dash, not the opening in the steering wheel shaft cover, so we ordered new ones that are supposed to fit. They are 8 inches long, and have a 4-wired white plugin which is slightly rectangled when looking at the end of the plug. The trouble is there's nothing to plug into. There is a three-wire grey plug close enough to reach the four-wire plug, but of course, they are not compatible. 
      Secondly, the blinker, light, ect. unit on steering wheel just spins around when touched. I see no way in heaven or earth to secure it. I've looked at a diagram on the Powersports site, but can't detect how it mounted. Fellows I'd be so grateful for any help with this. Me and my mule will even plow your garden for free, for your help. LOL 

• By JSmojo
      I've been looking at various types of UTVs in the 400-700cc range. It seems that Massimo has a really good price point but I don't know much about their reliability and availability of parts. Been looking specifically at their T-Boss 550. I've heard the parts might be an issue because the network is smaller, but couldn't find much info from owners.
      Here are a few specific questions about them
      1. In your opinion, are the reliable? Specifically, have you hand any parts break that in your mind shouldn't have? 
      2. If you had one and got rid of it, what was the reason? 
      3. If you don't recommend Massimo, what would you recommend (even if it costs a little more)?
      4. How easy is it to find a place to service them? How easy is it to get parts if you want to service it yourself? 
      If you have any other advice, I would appreciate it. I'm also looking at the Hisun Sector 550.
    • By Smittay
      (posted a similar question to the Hisun folks) Looked at a lot of UTVs lately. Couple Questions about Massimo. Some people say they are just cheap with no customer service. Other people seem to have no problems with them.
      Any opinions on Massimo durability?
      Heard parts might hard to get. Is that true?
      What models are the best?
      If you had one and didn't like it what do you recommend? 
    • By alevins
      Good day all, 
      searching here but cannot find the answer,  Hisun been working fine and now reverse limiter seems to be engaging and cannot back up, cannot find a clear solution to disable the limiter. found a possible relay?  not sure which one or to cuut a wire at ecu but a picture or diagram would be helpful
      thank you for any help in advance
    • By KMart
      I have a Massimo 400 Buck that overheats and the antifreeze blows out of the motor everywhere! I don’t have to be doing anything but just driving through the field.  It only has 26 miles on it.  I don’t think the fan is turning to cool the motor.  Any ideas how to fix this?