Quantcast

Tracker 800

I purchased a used 2-year-old Tracker 800 for farm use this spring. It had 109 hours on it and now has about 130. I bought it in particular to ride to the deer stand I have walking difficulties. When you switch the tracker off, after running, you will hear an intermittent high-pitched tone. The tone cycles off and on, for as long as half an hour at times. It is load enough to hear from several feet and definitely loud enough to spook deer. It will make the sound with the unit switched off and the keys out of the unit. It may be as long as 15-20 seconds between the cycling tone. It is very annoying from a hunting perspective.

I am not sure how long it takes but eventually it stops but starts again when you ride the unit again. It is definitely electrical, but I have not checked to see if disconnecting the battery cables will stop the cycle. I have no issue with the battery discharging to a point the unit wont crank. Opening of rifle season was today and I think I had a deer blowing at the sound this morning.

Any ideas?

I've got a 2020 we bought new and it's done that same thing since the day we bought it. It seems to be the power steering. Not sure why it does it but I'll walk outside by it an hour or so later and it will still be whirring on and off. At first I kept thinking it would kill thw battery but we never had any issues. I deer hunt and drive near my stand but I am young and able to walk a long distance. I could definitely see it being a deal breaker if I were older or had trouble walking and had to park close to my stand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 7:20 PM, chase ledbetter said:

I deer hunt and drive near my stand but I am young and able to walk a long distance. I could definitely see it being a deal breaker if I were older or had trouble walking and had to park close to my stand.

The original owner got rid of it with 106 hrs on it and bought a new unit. He hunts and I am beginning to think this is why he got rid of it....

On 10/14/2022 at 7:49 PM, Keithschill said:

Can you narrow down the noise from where it's coming from? The power steering motor is under the dash, cooling fan is up front. I have a 2021 and haven't heard any noise but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Is there any accessories that was added?

I will check closer, but my sound seems to be coming from nearer the bed of the unit. OO did add some turn signals that would connect under the hood.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.