Quantcast

Tracker 800sx

I am throughly discussed with the 800sx.  It has a lot of suspension cracking and squeaking from the suspension/shocks.  Also been to the dealer 4 times for excessive drive clutch/belt squealing.  They have no clue and they have (supposedly) changed both clutches and drive belt. Anyone having any of these issues.

Nope my 2020 800sx crew suspension is quiet. There are 4 grease zerks on the rear pivots that need grease pretty often or they squeak. There was a recall for the front springs making a banging sound on some. My belt will squeak for a few seconds when I first crank it but I wait til it quits before I move and it never does it again til a cold soak. Mine has 2900 miles and 410 hrs on it

Thanks, I have 700 miles so I should not have to greese the fittings yet but I did.  Mine makes the real bad squealing  about 90 % of the time, very annoying.  It is coming from the clutch area and they say they replaced the belt and both clutches.  I'll have to take it back to them again.  I don't expect much.  I may end up to to another Bass Pro.

Thanks much

I have the 2020 800SX, Not the “Crew”, has power steering.....No real problems (so far).  It is garage kept and sees only normal/gentle use (No off hard or fast Off Road).  I do drive thru creeks and some mud, lots of dust too — rarely get any “squealing” but I have heard it a few times.  Others have told me to power wash the under carriage occasionally to prevent that (I don’t bother) but guessing You’ve done that and your problem is beyond that.   I can’t complain about my 800SX but also can’t complement the Bass Pro Service Dept. either because I haven’t used it (it’s a 50 mile drive from my house and I still need to get a trailer for my 800SX).  I did Not buy the extended warranty - tried to but was “3 days past the deadline” to purchase one and Customer Service would Not make an exception.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had my 2022 800SX LE in the shop numerous times for clutch issues and shifting issues. Both primary and secondary clutches have been changed, and new drive belt. Mine squeals on initial use but goes away in a few minutes of use. Local authorized dealer has really stepped up in an effort to solve these issues. Tracker support to the dealers is lacking. I also had the bed replaced due to warping from the heat. Tracker sent a new bed but did nothing to mitigate the issue. I took it upon myself to add a heat shield to the muffler and also wrapped the exhaust pipe with exhaust wrap. We shall see if this helps.

I read where a Flowmaster 51017 heat shield fits like a glove, however the lead time getting one was too long for my liking. I ended up getting a roll of aluminum heat shield from Amazon, cutting it to fit, and used the included stainless steel straps to mount it. Once the supply of the Flowmaster shield is better, I will probably use it.