Quantcast

Oil pan spring

david smith
Go to solution Solved by Dale Stansbery,

• Solution

I think you have it like it is in the photo. The spring sits in the filler plug. It's difficult on your back underneath with little room, but you can carefully balance it on the plug. Then compress it into the drain hole until the plug is in full contact with the pan, and then rotate to thread in. The spring wants to resist your effort, but if you're careful and hold it up flush with the pan, it will thread right in. The trick I found was to position my hand and arm so I could press it up and still have enough range of motion left to rotate it. I have an Outfitter 550 with an identical setup.

I just looked at the parts diagram for the oil pump and it also shows an o ring on the plug itself. Be sure it's still on your plug. I don't remember what mine looked like when I changed oil this summer, but it must have been there, at least it doesn't leak. Motor Cycle Doctor has very good parts diagrams for the Coleman UTV's.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.