Quantcast

i think you guys may like

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hector
      Hello all,
      I got a 2009 T2 and found the wiring on the fuse box that holds the fuel pump and ecu power had a short and was not wired correctly. I wanted to see if anyone could provide a picture of the back of theirs so i can see how it is wired 
      thank you
    • By Greg Kilgore
      At 185 hours while do a little riding noticed using a little more fuel that the trip should have taken and running a little rough. Thought it might be time to clean the air filter.

I while back, I bought a filter kit for another sxs I had but never installed. I was going to do the snorkel thing. Anyway, while I was as cleaning the air filter for the Axis 500. I mocked up this filter kit and wanted to know if anyone could give a reason why this wouldn't work.
      I plan on removing the air box completely. Moving the PCV valve hose to the side of the large hose going to the throttle body instead of the way it is now. Now it connects to the air box. There is already a hole in that hose and it just has a 90° fitting on it and then a plug.
      Then route some pipe thru the tunnel that the front drive shaft uses. Then up under the hood and mount the new filter there. I even bought a hood scoop to use. See pics below.
      Here is the way it is from the factory.
      Notice the hose plugged into the top of the air box. That is for the PCV valve. It provides suction for the crankcase to keep from blowing seals. You can't see in the pic, but there is a hose that connects to the crank case. That hose connects to a box with 2 hoses coming off. One of those hoses goes down to under the sxs to let any oil that is sucked up drip on the ground. The other hose connects to the air box.

Here is the passenger side of the air box. Notice the 90° nipple on the large hose running between the air box and the throttle body.

Here is a pic of the kit I got off Amazon.

Here are some pics with the air box removed, PCV hose relocated, and the hose coming up into the hood area thru the tunnel that the front drive shaft uses.

I will probably have to relocate the radiator overflow jug. I know I will probably have to use solid pipe instead of that plastic flex stuff. And will have to keep it clear of the drive shaft. The only issue I see it the air coming in thru the PVC hose is not filtered. It also could cause more suction on the crankcase and cause the sxs to use some oil. Those little square boxes on top to the throttle hose are empty. I may have to connect the PCV hose to that and add a filter in that square box.
      But other than that. Does anyone know of any reason this shouldn't work?

Once I get it installed I can close off the holes in the engine cover that is currently uses by the air box. That will help keep noise and heat out of the cab in the summer.

• By Michael Gilbee
      I have a Coleman 550 utv, no power to the dash or to the fuse box. I have checked and tried swapping main fuse relay with a known good one, I have continuity tested the wires to the key switch and fuse box power in and ground, and tried swapping with a known good key switch. Any ideas, or similar issues yall have ran into? Could use any help I can get, thanks.
    • By carl baney
      have a 2021 tracker 800sx noticed locks on box when u fasten both sides of box are cracked anyone else have this probl
    • By Todd
      I bought a storage box for under the hood.  It came with no brackets or instructions, and it is not obvious how to secure it to the frame.  Perhaps someone here with one installed can enlighten me.  Maybe some pix of the mounting points?  Anything before I start drilling would be appreciated.  Thx