Quantcast

2012 Polaris sxs 570 doors

Go to solution Solved by Grub,

Good afternoon. 
im in the market for doors for my ranger/ rzr sxs. I’m finding lower doors, but what I’d really want is full doors so I don’t have to unzip when exiting. I have a hardtop if it makes any difference. Anyone? 

On 2/1/2024 at 4:27 PM, Grub said:

Good afternoon. 
im in the market for doors for my ranger/ rzr sxs. I’m finding lower doors, but what I’d really want is full doors so I don’t have to unzip when exiting. I have a hardtop if it makes any difference. Anyone? 

2012 570….must be a Ranger?   There is no such thing as a Ranger/RZR.  

is your 570 a full size or mid size Ranger?  Also, you sure it’s a 2012?  I am only seeing both a mid sized Ranger and full sized Ranger 570 started in the year 2014.  

so, to answer your question, go to this site to look up your stuff, when you actually know what year, make and model you actually own….best of luck:

https://www.everythingpolarisranger.com/?mz.epr_midsize=2014 Ranger 570&mz.epr_fullsize=2014 Ranger 570 

BTW, I have a 2013 Ranger 900XP, Full Size.   I am using Dragon half doors, used round steel stock to make window frames and paid a ulpostry shop to skin the frames.  Windows easily come off for spring/summer use.   

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

12 hours ago, MotoFish said:

2012 570….must be a Ranger?   There is no such thing as a Ranger/RZR.  

is your 570 a full size or mid size Ranger?  Also, you sure it’s a 2012?  I am only seeing both a mid sized Ranger and full sized Ranger 570 started in the year 2014.  

so, to answer your question, go to this site to look up your stuff, when you actually know what year, make and model you actually own….best of luck:

https://www.everythingpolarisranger.com/?mz.epr_midsize=2014 Ranger 570&mz.epr_fullsize=2014 Ranger 570 

BTW, I have a 2013 Ranger 900XP, Full Size.   I am using Dragon half doors, used round steel stock to make window frames and paid a ulpostry shop to skin the frames.  Windows easily come off for spring/summer use.   

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

It is a 2012 sxs, 2 seater. 570cc. There is a decal on the box that states ranger/rzr. 

IMG_0676.jpeg

3 hours ago, Grub said:

It is a 2012 sxs, 2 seater. 570cc. There is a decal on the box that states ranger/rzr. 

IMG_0676.jpeg

Ok, interesting…. So I went and looked again.  I STAND CORRECTED…..see link below:

https://www.everythingpolarisrzr.com/polaris-rzr/polaris-rzr-accessories.html?mz.eprzr_2seater=2012 RZR 570 

in 2012, they only list a Ranger in 500

BUT, under RZR, they list a 2012 RZR 570.  You must have a ‘RZR’ not a Ranger?   Now I am guessing, based off the details you’ve sent me.  

look at the photo I added this time.  This is what I found on-line.  A stock photo… it’s a 2012 RZR 570.  Maybe they called those a Ranger/RZR?  But part wise, look it up as a RZR 570, if yours matches the photo   

on the every thing Polaris web site, I’m only seeing very little options for that year.  

Hope this helps…. Only other suggestions is to make a frame yourself and have a shop Upholster them. 

IMG_1703.jpeg

Ok… one more thing.  I will add a couple pics in the event you want to make your own windows to add to a set of half doors.  

my windows operate independently of the doors.  But I only run the windows in bad or extremely cold weather.   So I want them off probably 60-70% of the time.  

I think the steel tubing is like 3/8” … around there ( solid steel).  Heat up the steel to bend to your shape.  Weld up, add some gussets for strength.  Cost about $500 for upholstery. 

found the door latch on Amazon. It’s a Fork Lift door latch system an actually recently added to the windows.  Made them several years ago, but the last latch system wasn’t very sturdy.  This is way better.  

There are two hinges per window frame.  I have them set up to lift off   Small posts stay on the UTV, other side is welded to window frame  

let me know if I can help with anything else. 

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_0959.jpeg

IMG_0958.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0957.jpeg

• Solution

Ah yes. Thank you. I’m looking at getting the half doors and then making the tops. This helps. I saw one video that the guy used electrical conduit. His turned out nice also. I was wondering about the latches on them also. But the video I saw he had the upper attached to the door so it opens with the door. Regardless, I’d like to be able to remove the top half in better weather. Thanks again!

oh yeah, they do call it a ranger/rzr.