Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
monsterjoyner

HELP! commando rearend problems

Has anyone had c-2 rearend problems? I am on my 7th rearend. I build car and truck rearends but I cant make one of these last for s--t! I have installed different bolts and reshimmed them but they still dont last more than 100 miles. It seems like the pinion is on the centerline of the ring gear which makes it much weaker than being offset like a high pinion ford. the first few gears looked like they were made with a chisel, very crude machine work , the last one was much better and the next and last one to go in has very nice lookng gears. I think the gears are too soft, has anyone had them hardened? when these ones fail i have a set of narrow dana 70s out of a ditch witch that wiil fit perfect under there, they even have 31 inch tractor tires.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Tobe Long
      I have a 2019 RZR Turbo S 4, and have been loving it since I bought it in May. Now, I am beginning to wonder how well it will hold up under hard driving over the long term. I would describe my driving style as aggressive, but always with the cost of repairs in the back of my mind. I live in Utah, so I love hitting the Little Sahara dunes and rock crawling in Moab. I have put about 500 miles total on it, and just blew my first belt which had about 300 miles on it. This happened just as I got to the top of Sand Mt. in my stock vehicle. I'm looking for any recommendations (maintenance or upgrades) for drive train and suspension that will make my vehicle more reliable and reduce long term repair/replacement costs. Are belt temp gauges worth it? How are other owners doing with belt life? OEM vs. aftermarket belts?  Anyone had to deal with rebuilding the Fox Live Valve Dynamix shocks yet? I hate to think about how much that might cost! I've got a week in Moab planned for the end of September and want to make sure I can hit some of the classics without worrying (too much) about breaking anything. Any info is appreciated-
    • By Baddeadpool
      Just started on my x3 build ..can’t wait. Windshield this week and stereo is already in . Side mirrors  are on

• By Whisper Snowbird
      I have a no cranking issue with my joyner. It has a chery 1100. It will click but nothing after that.  New battery. I tried banging in the starter while holding key in start(old car trick). Now the  starter solenoid won't even clunk. Just hear s click fron the relay now.  My assumption is the starter needs replacing.  Any ideas of other things to check? Does anyone have diese block diagrams?  Got no clue what fuse or relay goes to what
    • By res2fr
      Hello all, I have what I hope is a quick question. I am working on this 2014 Hisun SxS and the wiring is a mess. I am currently just trying to find the electrical wiring Color Code for this machine. I have Maintenance Handbook for a wiring diagram for what it calls a 'HS400UTV-Emark'. That's the only thing my son got with this machine when he bought it and I can no list of the color codes anywhere in this book. We're not against buying manuals but have learned to be picky as there are many that supply little real detailed information. This is a machine that I am trying to get the 2004 Kodiak motor they installed wired up to run and install a complete new wiring harness for the Utv at the same time. Any help that someone might have to offer would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you all and I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday.