Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
monsterjoyner

HELP! commando rearend problems

Has anyone had c-2 rearend problems? I am on my 7th rearend. I build car and truck rearends but I cant make one of these last for s--t! I have installed different bolts and reshimmed them but they still dont last more than 100 miles. It seems like the pinion is on the centerline of the ring gear which makes it much weaker than being offset like a high pinion ford. the first few gears looked like they were made with a chisel, very crude machine work , the last one was much better and the next and last one to go in has very nice lookng gears. I think the gears are too soft, has anyone had them hardened? when these ones fail i have a set of narrow dana 70s out of a ditch witch that wiil fit perfect under there, they even have 31 inch tractor tires.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By OldGoatLover
      I bought this thing last September.  The farm store was extremely nice. 
      But, forget asking for any advice like in the old days.  They only SELL them and tell you to call the Dallas tech person.  
      During the week days - I don't have time.  
      Oil change:  If there is someone who can tell me why the owner's manual (and the internet) says it holds 2 and 1/2 quarts of oil but, my mechanic could only get 1 and 1/2 quarts in it and there is NO oil filter.  
      Please help.  

• By Breff21
      Hey guys so i’m new to this whole UTV community but im going to attempt to design and make a UTV from scratch, im 18 and have done quite abit of mechanical pieces, ive made a set budget for 650€ for all the parts and engine not including steel, and so far ive decided i wanted it to be 2 seater have front suspension and rear axle suspension, go atleast 40mph and be very lightweight but stiff design. 
      Although im finding it very hard to find parts online that will ship to me within my budget, ive decided on a 420cc 15hp lifan engine as my base and am trying to find a 40 stage torque converter although its not going great but that aside, is this a good engine for what im trying to achive? Will it get me to my speed goal?
      Also im having a bit of a dilemma with the wheels as there far more expensive than i thought, im unsure rather to go with a full set of tyres and rims already assembled second hand 21/10/10 rear and 20/8/10 front for 125€ or
      or for a good second hand set of 26/12/12 rear and 26/9/12 front for just the tyres at 100€ and then to try and find cheap rims somewhere is another problem. 

im unsure weather or not id really need the bigger 26 inch tyres as 12 inches is very wide and heavy although i see thats what the most popular size for UTV are?
      will the bigger tyres be harder on the engine? Which would be faster? 
      If anyone with more knowledge to this could help itd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • By Mike Turner
      American SportWorks LM 650 won’t start at times. Starter won’t engage the solenoid just “clicks” much like a weak battery would cause. Battery was replaced and problem went away and then came back. Replaced positive battery terminal. Problem resolved then returned. Replaced negative battery terminal. Problem gone then returned. Replaced the positive and negative battery cable ends. Problem resolved and now returned. The repair lasts for maybe 12 starts, then the solenoid just “clicks” again as it will with a weak battery. So I replaced the ignition switch. Problem solved for a week. With each “fix” the problem is resolved but only temporarily. Does anyone have any suggestions ? To replace the starter is expensive especially if it’s not the problem. 
    • By johnpeter
      2014 Polaris RZR S 800 HO UTV EFI EPS 950 miles On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Polaris-RZR-S-800-HO-UTV-EFI-EPS-950-miles/143528641280?