Quantcast

josephb

Gutless Renegae-early 09

Less than 70 miles on this 09. This has NNNNOOOO low end power, absolutly nnnnoooo throttle responce.

Starts fine, runs fair if your 90 years old. Just no tjrottle responce, get the hint.

I found the Vap canister upside down next to fuel tank, didn"t seem like there was any fuel in the lines, so i ran it 25 or 30 miles hopeing problem would just go away. No such luck.

I checked fuel pressure,60, yes 60psi. Icut it back to 30 and now it seems like I can here it laboring. I also played with the TPS. no help. By the way, when i cut the fuel pressure down, it now hesitates and misses when you get right on the pedal.

I have to go now. If anyone has seen this and can help,THANK YOU for your reply in advance.I have driven a couple Renegades before which really impressed me( could use a granny gear however).

Thanks again, I would love to ride tis holiday weekend.

Less than 70 miles on this 09. This has NNNNOOOO low end power, absolutly nnnnoooo throttle responce.

Starts fine, runs fair if your 90 years old. Just no tjrottle responce, get the hint.

I found the Vap canister upside down next to fuel tank, didn"t seem like there was any fuel in the lines, so i ran it 25 or 30 miles hopeing problem would just go away. No such luck.

I checked fuel pressure,60, yes 60psi. Icut it back to 30 and now it seems like I can here it laboring. I also played with the TPS. no help. By the way, when i cut the fuel pressure down, it now hesitates and misses when you get right on the pedal.

I have to go now. If anyone has seen this and can help,THANK YOU for your reply in advance.I have driven a couple Renegades before which really impressed me( could use a granny gear however).

Hi josephb,

Not sure about the problem, but I think the fuel pressure should be higher.

Also you ought to fill out your profile so we can all get to know you better, Who knows, you may live around the block from someone who can help.

Kinarfi

Try disconnecting the main power from the battery. It's possible that the computer for some reason went into limp home mode. It will run this way but way underpowered. It's just to get you home if the computer sees something wrong. By cutting all power to the computer and letting it set for a few minutes, the computer will reset itself back to normal settings. If that doesn't work, I would start checking the sensors one at a time. The manual shows how. Of coarse the obvious is to check if your getting a full flow of fuel to the injuctors. Also remove the fuel rail with the injectors and lay it across the engine so that you can see the injectors fire when you crank the engine. They should each produce a fine spray. Actually more of a foggy mist then a spray. If they don't, you may have plugged injectors. If your getting good fuel flow then the computer is shutting you down for some reason. If the engine is completely spent, then it won't run too good either.

I always thought the Renegade had a low range which would give you a granny gear.

Lenny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Joyner trooper electric power steering for $200..

I made my own electric power steering for my Joyner trooper..I bought a steering column out of a 02 satern vue for $80 at a junk yard..then bought a wiring kit off of eBay for another $80. And made the steering arm...the wiring kit even came with a adjustable nob..

By Tobie1987, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 23 replies
    • Joyner Trooper Power Steering

I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU. It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!  

By mixfixdave, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative Celebrates 10 Years

For a Decade, the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative Has Led the Motorized Recreation Industry in Creating and Defending Access to Land for Outdoor Recreation Yamaha accepts applications from nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations including OHV riding clubs and associations, national, state and local public land use agencies, outdoor enthusiast associations and land conservation groups with an interest in protecting, improving, expanding and/or maintaining access for safe, responsible and sustainable public use. The Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative is the industry leader in guaranteeing responsible access to our nation’s land for outdoor enthusiasts. Through this program, Yamaha has directly and indirectly supported thousands of miles of motorized recreation trails, maintained and rehabilitated riding and hunting areas, improved staging areas, supplied agricultural organizations with essential OHV safety education, built bridges over fish-bearing streams and partnered with local outdoor enthusiast communities across the country to improve access to public lands. The Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative has contributed more than $3.5 million in funding and equipment across more than 300 projects over the past 10 years to assist outdoor recreationists working to protect and improve access to public land and educate the public on its safe, sustainable recreational use. For those who rely on access to public land for work and play, the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative has proven to be the industry’s most reliable partner and a significant resource. http://www.yamahaoai.com/  

By Alex, in UTV News and Information

• 0 replies
    • Hisun fuel tank vent problem!!!

Hello once again, this time I want to bring to your attention a problem that I found out the hard way. On one of our previous trips to Dumont Dunes, my son had the great opportunity to roll his Hisun Strike 250 at very low speeds, no damage to him or the vehicle and it landed up right as well. but one thing we noticed was that fuel had poured all over the passenger!!!. Once we got back I looked at it and found the fuel tank vent was of such poor quality that it broke at the fuel tank. Not sure if it was from the roll over or just from being made from poor quality plastic. Well, I found a great long lasting repair and wanted to share it with you all. It is something that is found is pretty much most off road race vehicles. I installed a roll over valve in place of the fuel tank vent. I am including some pics to show you. In the event we roll it over once more, the vent valve will automatically shut off the flow of fuel. It has a ball valve in it and when upside down, it blocks the flow of fuel so that it can't pour out all over the persons in the vehicle and have a potential fire! It is gravity controlled. The valves are low cost at about $15 or so. Cheap insurance when it comes to safety for sure. I cleaned out the hole where the previous fuel tank vent was. I removed the fuel tank pump/filter assembly. I then drilled out the hole just smaller than the ball check valve. I was able to reach into the fuel tank to catch any plastic that the drill might push into the tank as well. I used a fuel resistant sealant on the threads as well. I used a 1/4" NPT thread fuel tank check valve with a 5/15 hose barb. This is a much better product than the OEM product. I would recommend every one install one of these for safety if they get a chance. Or at the very least inspect your fuel tank vents. No one wants fuel leaking on them in the event of a roll over.

By strike250, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • On eBay street legal velocity predator x18 no reserve bidding starts off at $1

Safer than any utv street legal chevy evotec must see  Start 2018 off with this Currently listed on eBay no reserve bidding starts off at just 1 penny
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/122873672785       602-326-3936       sandrail dune buggy street legal sand rail jeep car truck rzr turbo can am sand rail walker king fox 092 fortin                             091 Polaris Yamaha yxz Fox walker Evans Vw Manx x3 turbo rzr buggy mendeola sand rail off-road Sandrail Vw

By Fireman2343, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies