Quantcast

LOST BALLS

Gumball

Well, I did it again-broke the front suspension. While riding on a very narrow trail a log jumped out and struck my right front wheel. It hit so hard it pulled the front drive apart and jammed the wheel back into the fire wall. Of course it was where with good luck and lots of $$ a helicopter "may" have been able to lift it out After taking the wheel off, with difficulty, we were able to free up the steering so I could limp back to camp. Needless to say I had a SEVERE camber and toe out problem.

The bottom line after some close inspection is I will have to replace the A arm mountings at the firewall top and bottom. They are bent so far the tire hits the firewall on a moderate right turn. I'm hoping someone in trooper land knows where I might get replacement mounting brackets. I'll cut the old ones out and replace them if they are available. I'm hoping I can replace the balls and other innards of the bell housing.

I'll call some of the dealers on our list to see what they have available. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to share them.

Gumball

An earlier post speaks of where to find replacement balls if you have lost yours, LOL! I believe it was Lenny or Kinarfi who knew where to get new balls. You will have to do a search. The innards is something else. May have to buy an axle or maybe one of the dealers has a broken one. We saw a lot of broken axles in the lots when the Joyner auction was held. Good luck, at least you were having a ball, lol!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Oh, you gave me such an opportunity for one liners about going to California looking for balls but I will hold back. LOL! Don't want to offend our Left Coast friends. I will say one, You won't find any balls in the California Legislature! Oh there are so many more, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!
    • By Timpiker
      My UTV is a few years old and gets very little use.  I just noticed the drive belt slapping the plastic guard and making some noise.  The manual tells me how to replace it but not how to tighten it.  Apparently, there is no adjustment.  Does anyone know if there is an adjustment?  Is the belt supposed to have a lot of slop in it?
    • By fishhouse3
      FOR SALE: 2021 CFMOTO ZForce 800 Trail with many extras and full warranty until 2027. Only 625 miles and 50 hours of use.
      In great condition, has a clean title and one adult owner. Has had all scheduled regular maintenance and has not been abused. Only used about six times on weekend trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV.
      Under full CFMOTO Care bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until 8/2027 (paid $1,600). Full service and tune up just completed with new clutch, drive shaft, belt, rollers, etc (paid $1500). Plus it comes with over $3,500 in upgrades and accessories! Way too many included items to list here (see last pics for full details).
      This machine is ready to go and needs nothing - just hop in and hit the trails!  I have over $20k invested in this machine. Priced VERY fair to sell quick at less than half that!!!
      $9,999 WITHOUT warranty -OR- $10,999 WITH full extended warranty until 8/2027.
      Located in Chesterfield, VA 23832. Message me for more pics and info!

• By Dave P
      Bought a used 4x4, engine runs. Tried rebuilding both pulleys. Ended up buying a transmission pulley system. The new one is aftermarket. The old one wallowed out and fell off.
      The new one seems not to have enough splines inside. Seems like it is freewheeling. When it revs up and gets smaller pulley diameter, does it jump on the spline shaft? The driver pulley on the engine gets larger when it revs up. Had to make a pvc collar for the belt to sit on in the grove. No parts for sale on this pulley. Is the belt supposed to sit at the bottom? There must be a trick to get the belt on. Any ideas?

Thanks Dave in Florida