Quantcast

I been working on my Trooper, all the live long day

Kinarfi

Seems that's all I do, But then I don't have too many other things to do and I don't do them very fast.

Different set up on the dash front cover, new fenders, new skid plate, some dirt shields to keep the sand, dirt, dust, and hopefully the weeds from blowing down the drive line tunnel. Because my power steering unit has a really really high gain amplifier in it, I have found that any plug & receptacle in the line causes problems, so it's a straight line and soldered connections.

Here's the first of 20, Enjoy 2634376150104110397Mqsxts_th.jpg

I write on a lot of my pictures, to explain what the pict is about.

Working on a new top cover that's retractable. Then maybe a heater, then maybe a windshield, then maybe some doors, Maybe I'll even fix my smoking engine.

kinarfi

Jeff, nice work. I have done something similar to your Inner Firewall Apron on a new Renegade. Its intention was to stop cow crap plastering all over the wires on the inside of the dash. I used the rubber packing mats that come with the UTVs in the crate and tie-on straps, but didn't look as good as yours. You have done a good job here, however I hope those magnets dont move to much with all the vibration. 10 out of 10 for thinking outside the box. If they fail, try some Velcro. That way you can still get in. I think this subject deserves its own thread.

The Dirt shield is a good idea too and the new guards are an improvement from last time & will do the job.

Here is an idea that you might want to contemplate. The new 2011 Troopers (when they are released) with have an oil cooler added, an air scoop on the side and a new modular safari bed. All three improvements are to help the engine run cooler. My idea for the current models is to incorporate a air scoop in the front to ram air onto the engine and or into the air filter. One hose for on-top of engine and one for the air filter. You have your Air filter moved up like a snorkel so no need to ram air into it from the front. It would not be too hard with flexi hose, even with a bonnet(hood) that opens like yours to put an air scoop on-top of the bonnet. Thats just in case you're looking for a new project, after you finish this one Jeff.

Keep me up to date with your retractable top cover, who knows your design might be picked up.

Cheers Mike.

Got the retractable sun screen done for the most part, Now all I have to do is find someone to help me sell it

When my wife I go for a ride in my Yukon, I can never see what's up above us on her side. When we started going in the Trooper, it was so nice to be able to look up, but I messed that up with a top cover/sun screen, now I can have which ever I want most. The fabric is off my airplane and has rib pockets sewn into it which I can put stiffener in, but it may leak in the rain, we'll see. Because it is quite flexible, at speed, the back kind of bulges up with the wind, no big deal. So far, I like it.

Kinarfi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Roadstar515
      Just wondering if mine is the only one that’s seems very loud while driving. It just seems louder that other brands I’m use to. I guess you get what you pay for I’m assuming.
      Regards, Rick
    • By CoppellDarryl
      Just got a SXS, Looking forward to taking it to Arkansas and the Black Hills of SD.
    • By cliffhodges
      Hi All- Long time reader, first time posting.  I have a 2016 Mule 4010 (model: KAF 620V).  I am having an issue since overloading the payload a couple days ago (yes I'm a dummy).  I live on a very hilly property and I was trying to move some large oak rounds for firewood splitting.  I put WAY too much wood in the bed and when I started driving, it sputtered, kicked out of gear, and then cut out.  I unloaded all the weight and started it again - appeared to be running fine when idling and/or driving on flat ground at slow speed.  But when try to go fast or uphill, the RPM's rev high and it sounds like the motor is fine, but it has ZERO speed or power at all (literally creeps uphill at like 2-3 mph and won' go faster or take any weight), and has no power at all.
      Other info: 3 weeks ago I did a belt replacement.  So I was worried I perhaps screwed that up somehow. But I just opened the clutch housing to check and the belt and clutch appear to be working just fine.... sooo.....
      Any ideas what I screwed up by overloading payload and immediately trying to drive uphill?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!  

• By lambert808
      The material of the seats on the Coleman Outfitter 550cc utv feels pretty light weight. I've been searching all over for a cover that will fit the bench seat, has anyone had any luck finding one? I don't want my dog putting holes in the cover.
      Thanks!
    • By robwork9
      Hopefully someone out there is a T-Boss 410 electrics expert or a Massimo mechanic is viewing this. I parked my 410 and it was working great. I came back a week later and attempted to crank it and nothing. Turned the key and no power. Figured it was a bad/low battery so I charged it. Still nothing. Attempted to jump start it and still nothing. Usually when I put the key in and turn it to the first position, the display comes on and I hear the ECU and other items boot. Now it is doing nothing. 
      I slowly went through the electrical system and found the main fuse attached to the starter relay, part 71602 (pic 1) blown. I figured replacing this fuse would fix my problem. It didn't. I then ordered a new starter relay thinking maybe that part had gone bad and caused the fuse to blow, but a new relay did not fix the problem. 
      I have found a work around for starting the machine. If I take one of the purple/black leads (pic 2) and insert one of them in the bottom right of the starter relay (pic 1 and 3) then the machine will get power even with the key in the off position.  I'm bypassing something but don't know what. I can use my right hand to hold the wire against the lower right of the starter relay, reach over and hold the brake with my foot, then take my left hand and turn the key and it will crank. As soon as I remove the wire from the relay the machine shuts down. I have even removed the power distributor box and it will still get power when I touch the wire to the relay. Of course this is not the way it should work but if I can't solve this problem somehow I may just have to rig a connector to the relay and bypass whatever is causing the electrical issue. Massimo has told me the purple/black wires on my model are not used.
      Any help in figuring what my problem may be or other items I can try?
      v/r,
      Rw

• Gallery Images