Quantcast

lobo98382

Electrical Problem

I have a 1100 Sand Viper and recently have developed an electrical problem. When I turn on the ignition the fan is suppose to start but instead the relays start clicking. I try to engage the started several times and before the electric fan starts to run. At that point the starter will engage and the engine starts. On rare occasions the engine will turn over but will not start until the electric fan starts to run. Any ideas where to start looking will be appreciated.

Grounds. Start there, the look at your fuse boxes the wires burn up and make bad connections inside it. When you unbolt it you can look at the wires from the backside

Grounds. Start there, the look at your fuse boxes the wires burn up and make bad connections inside it. When you unbolt it you can look at the wires from the backside

When we were in Farmington, NM last summer at the Jamboree, Mine went completely dead. Finally ran a ground to the outside of my computer and everything ran fine. Never would run again without the computer being externally grounded.

Lenny

Thanks for the input, I'll try your suggestions.

Thought I had already posted this, so here I go again, look through http://www.utvboard.com/topic/392-parts-pieces-and-information-for-our-troopers-joyners/page__view__findpost__p__475 and find the schematic and down load it and save for future needs, Also, you may want to remove the fuse/relay boxes and look at the back sides to see if you have any heated, melted wires, discolored connectors or fuse clips.

kinarfi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By PierceIt
      Hi everyone - I was driving my 2017 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS today on the ranch when it dies on me. It started right up - and then as i was driving after about 50 feet the engine just turned off. It was running perfect before it cut out on me. No alarms, no weird sounds or smells. It just turned off. 
      When I turn the ignition key, the starter cranks away and the battery and starter turns fast and strong - but the engine doesn't start.
      I've confirmed gas flow to the carb - that the fuel filters are clean and clear. I've replaced the spark plug with a brand new one. I checked every fuse with a meter. I have confirmed air filters and airflow are good. 
      But the darn thing cranks away without the engine even making a sputter or even attempting to fire.
      Is there a kill switch somewhere that could have been tripped? I checked the seatbelt sensor, the brake sensor, and parking gear sensor - all are working and i'm in Park, pressing down on the brake, and have the seatbelt latched when i try to start. but - nada!
      It acts like it isn't getting a spark. but like i said i put in a new spark plug. I have a feeling there is a sensor or an electrical kill switch somewhere that tripped. 
      open to any ideas.
      thanks all
      Pierce
    • By Joe Breaux
      Has anyone tried using an external electric water pump on these machines?  I watched a video on youtube of one installed on a 1000 cc  side by side that had chronic overheating issues in hot weather.. He claimed that after installing a Prius  electric automotive  pump from junk yard, inline in the inlet hose and bypassing fan temp switch,  that the engine never overheated again. .. I am considering trying it on mine...................... Anybody  else done this? .................. He did not say if he removed the mechanical pump or not.. would it pump thru that pump? 
    • By MountainBeast
      New Owner here. Working on adding some new lighting and want to use Factory Electrical connectors instead of cutting wires and risking failures later. I have a set  of whip antenna that include taillight functions and wanted to use the trailer plug at the back of the utv provide signal and power. Unfortunately, finding the factory plugs for trailer wiring is a bit difficult.
      Are there any sources available on here for ordering such parts? I know that there are a lot of plugs unused and capped with terminators so they are prepared for accessories just finding them is another story.

• By Susan Thompson
      Hi everyone, new to UTV life. My 2010 500 EFI has problem with re setting  maintained light and also hour meter. Have read manual and cannot find out how to re set after oil change.
    • By William Lyons
      I have changed the plug, changed the fuel injector, drained the fuel tank looking for water, replaced the coil , checked out the wiring on top of the fuel tank looking for bad connection .  The UTV will sputter but will not start.  Any ideas will be helpful!