Quantcast

Electrical Problem

lobo98382

I have a 1100 Sand Viper and recently have developed an electrical problem. When I turn on the ignition the fan is suppose to start but instead the relays start clicking. I try to engage the started several times and before the electric fan starts to run. At that point the starter will engage and the engine starts. On rare occasions the engine will turn over but will not start until the electric fan starts to run. Any ideas where to start looking will be appreciated.

Grounds. Start there, the look at your fuse boxes the wires burn up and make bad connections inside it. When you unbolt it you can look at the wires from the backside

When we were in Farmington, NM last summer at the Jamboree, Mine went completely dead. Finally ran a ground to the outside of my computer and everything ran fine. Never would run again without the computer being externally grounded.

Lenny

Thanks for the input, I'll try your suggestions.

Thought I had already posted this, so here I go again, look through http://www.utvboard.com/topic/392-parts-pieces-and-information-for-our-troopers-joyners/page__view__findpost__p__475 and find the schematic and down load it and save for future needs, Also, you may want to remove the fuse/relay boxes and look at the back sides to see if you have any heated, melted wires, discolored connectors or fuse clips.

kinarfi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nypto
      I just bought a new Hisun 750 sxs. I drove one mile and it just died. No power at all. Battery is 12.8v. Found no blown fuses. No power to the panel, no nothing. Problem for me is I bought 160 acres near big bend. Trying to build a house. Got blown up in 'Nam . Can't walk much. Scared I'm way out and it fails again. I heard something  about a brake switch,  but I have no idea where it might be.
    • By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By Paul409
      Have a Hisun 750 only 700hrs 21 model. Never had issues went to start it and there's a clicking sound under the seat I'm assuming it's the started relay. I for the life of me cannot find the starter, is there a way to test the relay. 
      Thank for any support