Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
huunz

Sand Spider info?

I've been searching for info on my 650 Sand Spider, the two cylinder model, but can't seem to find much. I figured out a crossover oil filter, put in 8.8mm plug wires, a new Accel coil, and am working on a snorkel to get the air filter out of the sand, but would like to figure out which spark plugs i should get. They are a pain to reach, and I'd like to figure out which socket to put in there before I go screwing it all up.

The reason I'm doing all this is that the right hand cylinder is misfiring. It will fire, and it runs great, then it won't. When it is misfiring, the pipe is cool (for a running motor), and the motor sounds awful. It's very down on power, although it still runs. I found the right hand plug wire broken, and when i swapped wires it started working again, but then it quit next time i started it. The carb seems clean after i pulled the float bowl apart, and since it is one barrel, both cylinders should be affected the same. It doesn't seem like an internal hardware problem since it turns on and off again, and I've changed everything but the plugs.

I can't rebate the socket size I will double check when I get to the shop. I do know if you don't have the joyner socket it is a tight fit. I turned my socket down in a lathe to make it work

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By 2wpuller
      Has anyone replaced the stock shocks and springs on their 2015 Dominator 800 X2 to ride alittle smoother are just changing the springs out.I gotten alittle spoiled riding in my son's rzr 1000xp.
      My wife just made a comment why don't ride as smooth as our son's thing.lol
      I'm 62 she's 61 the little rough ride doesn't really bother me. I drive a concrete mixer for a living. 
      I really like the Odes it's pretty good power for for only 800cc
      I took off the cat and the stock muffler. Put a glasspack with 2" inlet and outlet it has a good deep tone and not really very loud. I'll find out Sunday when we hit the woods .It's definitely more peppy. 
    • By Paul Mckay
      Checked cable and shifter linkage. All looks good. No slack or slop. When put in reverse you can hear something internal on the gear case grind the kick out reverse. Has anyone else had this issue and no what parts usually cause this?
    • By KenL
      I've looked long and hard and can't find an oil filter.  Wondering if there is one.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Also, live in Canada - we have no Massimo service centers or dealers, only HiSun.  Are HiSun and Massimo related?
    • By shak
      What is the Kawasaki engine model number for the side by sides listed below.  I had an older Ute with the 401cc Kawasaki FJ 400D, but it had a carburetor, and a flywheel magneto ignition system.
      This new 401cc engine with EFI, and electronic ignition looks like a big improvement over the old.  But, I can’t find the Kawasaki engine model number?
      Kawasaki 401 cc (24.47 cu. in.) single cylinder, 4-stroke, gas 
      Bore x Stroke: 3.23x2.99 in
      Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
      Maximum Torque: 21.4 lb-ft @ 2400 rpm
      Valve Train: Single-Cylinder OHV
      Engine Vibration: Internal Counter Rotating Balance Shaft
      Fuel System: Closed-loop electronic fuel injection
      Horsepower (KW): 13.5 hp
      Electrical System: Starter/Generator — Solid State Regulator
      (Note: Some versions/listings state: "Alternator Output (max)22.9 amp")
      Lubrication: Pressurized Oil System
      Oil Filter: Spin-On (Item#: 49065-7010)
      Cooling System:  Air Cooled
      Ignition System: Electronic Inductive Spark
      Air Cleaner: Replaceable Dry Cartridge (item #:  11013-7029)
      Utility vehicles/side by sides that use this engine:
      2021MULE SX™ 4x4 FI
      https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2021-mule-sx-4x4-fi?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS#
      2020 E-Z-GO Express™ S4 Elite Gas
      https://ezgo.txtsv.com/personal/express-s4
      Cushman Shuttle 4 EFI Gas
      https://cushman.txtsv.com/vehicles/shuttle-4
      Cushman Hauler 1200
      https://cushman.txtsv.com/vehicles/hauler-1200
    • By MitchSpence
      I want to get at the air filter and check for dust, etc. I have a 2020 Massimo 400 Buck. The manual says to lift the cargo bed. Okay, then pop the "clips" on the air filter "box." Well, I don't see any clips on the box, only about ten screws holding the box-top down. Did I miss something? This should not be hard to get to. (Ha!) Please help.