Quantcast

need help temp.problem and brake fluid

i dont know if my jonyer is running hot or not at first it stayed at about 194 but now it will run up to about 220 if im runing 35 to 45 is this normal ?how hot does it have to run to make the temp. light come on?and the brake fluid and cluch fluid are low what fluid do i use for them?if anyone can help i would very much like the help. thanks

i dont know if my jonyer is running hot or not at first it stayed at about 194 but now it will run up to about 220 if im runing 35 to 45 is this normal ?how hot does it have to run to make the temp. light come on?and the brake fluid and cluch fluid are low what fluid do i use for them?if anyone can help i would very much like the help. thanks

I have noticed it depends on the situation. The only time I have noticed mine has gotten hot was running uphill about 40mph with the ambient temp being in the 90's. I am not sure what the actual temp was but I remember the needle almost touching the red so I let off the throttle and just cruised. My stock temp gauge seems to work well; however, others have complained about the accuracy of theirs and replaced it with a good aftermarket one. If you feel that the operating conditions don't justify the temperature increase I would start with a new gauge. If that doesn't work you can mount your radiator up into the airflow as many have done on this website. That option doesn't work for me, so when I supercharge or turbo my trooper I will swap with a bigger radiator and dual fans.

In theory, your temp light should come on as soon as the needle touches the red zone on your gauge. As to the actual temp degree that is I am unaware.

Use any regular brake fluid, same as a car, there are two temp sensors on the trooper, one under the distributor that works with the computer and one at the bottom of the radiator that turns the over temp light on. I think this is correct, I'll try to check mine out later today. (read my signature)

Kinarfi

I have had the same problem, I was told by a Joyner tech, the temp light is what you really want to watch. My gauge was reading 197 but a thermal gauge on the base of the head would read about 180 so my gauge is off a bit. I put in a coolant additive called Purple Ice made by Royal Purple. It dropped the temp about 15 degrees. Also keep the cooling fins clean, the fan pulls alot of dirt and crap through which will make it harder to cool the fluid. I have also spaced my fan back about an inch or so which helped. Robert.

Use any regular brake fluid, same as a car, there are two temp sensors on the trooper, one under the distributor that works with the computer and one at the bottom of the radiator that turns the over temp light on. I think this is correct, I'll try to check mine out later today. (read my signature)

Kinarfi

I am correct, the unit at the bottom of the radiator is a thermal switch that is open until it reaches a set temperature and turns on the dash light at that point.

Kinarfi