Quantcast

ATV Television -Anti-UTV stand

RedMan

I've had it, this guy has to be stopped.

In a simply astounding blog post, ATV Television host Doug Meyer has come out swinging in an attempt to force UTVs off of the Paiute ATV Trail system.

Read it here:

http://atvtelevision.blogspot.com/2012/02/future-of-paiute-trail-system.html

In effect he says UTVs are ruining the trail and they must be banned before the trail system is destroyed.

He goes so far as to say that the damage UTVs are causing in Moab and Imperial Dunes and to the Paiute will result in them being shut down.

He defines UTVs as "incredibly high-speed vehicles that have in turn increased both personal injuries and ecological damage multifold".

His parting shot is a clear indication that he thinks UTV owners are simply a bunch of speed freaks ruining the scenery of the Paiute Trail.

"All this is said not because of my preference for ATVs over UTVs, but rather my preference for scenic trails for exploration over trails used for high-speed entertainment." -Doug Meyer

This isn't just a one time blog post, he has taken this argument to the US Forrest Service that manages the Paiute Trail.

He has been a vocal opponent of the UTV Jamboree held each year on the Paiute (utvjam.com), last year urging the city of Marysvale to ban the event.

I can tell you first hand UTVs are not creating a problem on this trail system, Doug just hates UTVs.

The amazing thing here is that this guy makes a living largely from UTVs. One look at all of his latest video you see its all about UTVs. I see him wheeling around in UTVs he has been given for FREE all the time.

I think its time Polaris, Yamaha, Kawasaki and the rest of the manufacturers stop giving this guy free product to use in his business.

We have enough problems with environmentalists trying to shut us down, we don't need the media that pretends to represent us doing it.

I think its time we let him know we don't appreciate the way he is dogging us.

Please send emails to the media contacts and tell them to stop supporting a guy who doesn't support this sport.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

This type of guy started the War on the Off-Roaders in California. Was sucessful and are now moving on to the rest of the Western & Southwester States. We are having a similar type of battles in AZ. They can be slowed but are tough to stop. This is one of the reasons I am so close to the USA/Mexico border as I feel in my life-time that will be my primary off-roading location as everything else will be controlled like California. VERY VERY SAD!!!!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Another problem is we get very little support or help from the mid-west & east as they do not have the open areas we do in the West. They are already controlled in private off-road parks & small public controlled areas. The West is on its own to slow these people.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Charles Hines
      I have a 2022 Coleman 400 utv. I have added a heater with a 3 speed fan. I notice that while running with nothing on, the battery voltage gets to about 13,7 volts when funning at speed. If I turn on the lights, the voltage drops to about 12.3,if I turn on the heater fan with the lights on, the battery light will come on. I have replaced the battery with a higher capacity one and have replaced the regulator/rectifier, both have made no difference. I have measured the ac voltage at 22 vac at idle across all 3 phases, so the stator is charging. I have never had any issues with not starting or running poorly due to low voltage. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the voltage from the regulator or is this just a underachieving system?

• By fishhouse3
      FOR SALE: 2021 CFMOTO ZForce 800 Trail with many extras and full warranty until 2027. Only 625 miles and 50 hours of use.
      In great condition, has a clean title and one adult owner. Has had all scheduled regular maintenance and has not been abused. Only used about six times on weekend trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV.
      Under full CFMOTO Care bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until 8/2027 (paid $1,600). Full service and tune up just completed with new clutch, drive shaft, belt, rollers, etc (paid $1500). Plus it comes with over $3,500 in upgrades and accessories! Way too many included items to list here (see last pics for full details).
      This machine is ready to go and needs nothing - just hop in and hit the trails!  I have over $20k invested in this machine. Priced VERY fair to sell quick at less than half that!!!
      $9,999 WITHOUT warranty -OR- $10,999 WITH full extended warranty until 8/2027.
      Located in Chesterfield, VA 23832. Message me for more pics and info!

• By Dave P
      Bought a used 4x4, engine runs. Tried rebuilding both pulleys. Ended up buying a transmission pulley system. The new one is aftermarket. The old one wallowed out and fell off.
      The new one seems not to have enough splines inside. Seems like it is freewheeling. When it revs up and gets smaller pulley diameter, does it jump on the spline shaft? The driver pulley on the engine gets larger when it revs up. Had to make a pvc collar for the belt to sit on in the grove. No parts for sale on this pulley. Is the belt supposed to sit at the bottom? There must be a trick to get the belt on. Any ideas?

Thanks Dave in Florida

• By mehe
      Hi everyone and I hope that is not a too forward questions for us newbies. 
      My husband and I are ready (next Spring) to open our newly developed nudist campground in Iowa and we are now looking for interesting activities to host. 
      Don't worry we are not going to try and sell you a membership because as of 2 weeks ago all of our 50 campsites are sold out for the 2024 season. 
      It was my job to sell site and now that is complete i am looking for interesting actives host for weekend. 
      We have 300 acres of woods, grassland, swamps and 2 small ponds/lakes and dozens of miles of riding trails.
      we have gotten county approval for the complete 300 acres to be clothing optional. 
      We think we have a great spot for a weekend or several day ATV / mudder event. 
      Clothing would be optional for all participants and plenty of room for overnight camping and outdoor group showers. 
      Now we are looking to you pro  ATV riders to let us know if you think your group of people would fit in with ours. 
      Feel free to ask anything you would like to get a better idea of what we offer.

• By johnpeter
      2022 Polaris UTV Utility Ranger Crew XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Trail On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/225872999541?