Quantcast

relays

lowgear

Kinarfi, do you know if the relay for the injectors and coil can be set up on a manual switch. I have put the fuel pump and fan on seperate power lines and switchs to try and get rid of my surge, it has helped and it seems to have made more power and smoother running. I physicaly checked the wiring on my t2 to make sure the wires went to each unit because on mine the wiring is very bad for colors and size of the wires, even from one side of a connector to the other. The injectors are activated by a ground from ecu and coils are straight power, there is one relay for both.

• Like 1

If I read this correctly, you're trying to bypass what the ECU does, the injectors and the ignition come right off the ECU with no relays in the middle, go to http://www.utvboard.com/topic/392-parts-pieces-and-information-for-our-troopers-joyners/page__view__findpost__p__475 and then to the bottom and download the 1100 Trooper T2 ECU Wiring Diagram.pdf file.

another place I put that is 2210886060104282158nAnNjS_th.jpg

Kinarfi

• Like 1

Guest Lenny

The coil and injectors are both feed a 12 volt supply. This can come from a relayed circuit. The ECU doesn't provide any power but instead it grounds the respective devise to activate it. So the answer is yes, you could set up the relay to be manually switched the power both.

Lenny

Lenny is correct, the computer, Usually, handles turning on the relays, but yes it can be done, sorry, wasn't thinking clearly, it would be possible to put a switch in to bypass the computers control of the relay or interrupt the computer control of the relay with an inline switch.

kinarfi

Guest Lenny

Keep in mind that you are putting the relay inbetween the battery and the device. No relay inbetween the the computer and the coil. The stock 12v hot wires going to the coil should not be used and replaced with your own wires from the battery and on thru the relay onto the coil. The other wires going to the computer should remain. Remember that the computer only completes the circuit going thru the coil by grounding it. Same for the fuel pump.

Lenny

Iam changing my system to straight power thru switch, fuse, then coil and injectors. I will be using 2 switchs one for each.I have eliminated all the relays in my elec. system. I checked as much info as I could find on auto type elec systems and found out that the reason for relays was not to put a sever amount of stress on the rest of the system ie ECU,alt, and gauges, because the fan, fuel pump, coil and injectors pull a lot of power on start up and without relays it might burn out the other components on some type of feed back. I have seperated them from the rest of the system with there own power supply and control.

Guest Lenny

A switch of equal amperage is just as good as a relay. After all a relay is just a switch that is electronically switched instead of manually.

Lenny

hey so i am having issues with my trooper im 98% sure its a bad connection and or relay for my cooling fan and fuel pump. sometimes when i turn my ignition on the fan and fuel pump will not engage so it wont start up. what do you guys think? just a bad relay? all my fuses are good so i know its not them. i wanna get this issue resolved before i go camping other wise im not going to bring it out cause id be to scared that i wont be able to get it started in the middle of the bush. any help would be great thx

Guest Lenny

You need to trace the 12v from the battery on to the relays and see if the relays are forwarding the 12v when the key is turned on. It will only forward it for a moment when you first turn the key on. Also check if the solenoid coil wires on the relay are getting 12 volts from the computer when you turn the key on.This activates the relay. Again, 12v only for a moment. Check Google for the pin outs for automotive relays to see what terminal is which. If the 12v is at the relay but not forwarding and you do get the 12v signal from the computer, the relay is bad. If your not getting the 12v signal from the computer, then you need to check for a poor conection in the circuit to the computer. If your ignition switch is bad, then you may not be turning on the computer at all and the pump or fan wouldn't run either. You really need to have some understanding of how the electrical circuit works and a multimeter to check it with.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

Pull your fuses and relays and look at the connector prongs and look at where they plug in to see if you can see if anything has been hot and maybe even pull the box off so you can see in the back and look for melted insulation and cook terminals, it's a pretty common problem,

Kinarfi

Pull your fuses and relays and look at the connector prongs and look at where they plug in to see if you can see if anything has been hot and maybe even pull the box off so you can see in the back and look for melted insulation and cook terminals, it's a pretty common problem,

Kinarfi

Kinarfi remember my fuze box melted a long time ago and I had to redo it But now I'm rewiring the back half of the trooper I all ready did the front.Kinarfi I have a question joyner wired up the relays up 87 12v and 30 to the ecu I thought 30 was 12v and 87 goes to whatever you are wiring up 86 to switch and 85 ground does it matter if 87 is your 12v or can I change it when I rewire it up

Plumber - read the thread near the bottom of page 1 on T2 Starter? Just search the forum using starter and this is the 3rd or 4th down. Scroll down the 1st page and I believe Lenny gave a schematic and what to wire to what on each of the number. You could also google it and you will find pictures.

http://www.utvboard....dpost__p__13292

Battery +12v to --------------------------terminal 87 of relay #16 wire Normally Open

Old wire going to -----------------------terminal 85 of relay #16 wire if extention is needed Coil Coil is not polarity sensitive

Wire from engine ground to ----------terminal 86 of relay #16 wire Coil

wire from terminal 30 of realy to -------starter solenoid # 16 wire Common

do not use 87a - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Normally Closed

Lenny Edit by Kinarfi

automotive-relay-relay.gif 2174027780104282158McRlUq_th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

id like to thank everyone for there help i finally got the trooper going just ended up replacing the ignition. i took the old one apart and all the copper contact plates and pins were corroded so i replaced it and it fired right up. always the little things that get you and frustrate you the most.