Quantcast

Weight Saving Pinned Thread

2scoops

I am going to put in my pitch for a weight saving pinned thread again. I just received some Lightforce 140 Lance headlights I ordered. They are about 1/3rd the weight of the factory headlights.

Lenny has saved some significant weight by removing the front driveshaft donut.

I could post up the numbers that I have written down for the rear cage & spare tire.

I could post the weight of the factory shocks. Airshocks could save you tons of weight. Even my fox shocks are lighter than the factory shocks by a few pounds.

If you remove the factory lightbar (I do very little night riding), there is 15-25 lbs. Or, if you build a light bar like Kinarfi you would save alot of weight.

Guest Lenny

I like that idea. Of the many things I have done, one is to replace the steel plates under the seats with 1/8" aluminum. That saved 10 pounds.

Lenny

Plastic off road lights to replace the stock lights. More about being able to see at night, but still a good weight loss. Took off the winch and wiring, there's nothing to hook it to in the sand anyway.

On the add side, welded on tabs for the flag, and mounts for the flashing lights.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robert B
      Going down a 20 deg hill engine is holding UTV back. Then something releases like going into Neutral and makes a loud clacking noise. Have to use brake to slow UTV down. Then once level it shifts back into gear. Have done shift extension does not pop out of gear.
    • By lozomex
      After a few days of heavy rainfall I got in my Sidekick and noticed that the belt seemed to be slipping as I was making my way out on a large property.  I turned around and could barely make it back to my shop.  After removing the cowelling I noticed about a quart of water drained out.  I dried the area, the cover and checked the belt.  No signs of dammage, belt looks great and no foreign debris other than water in the area.  I put it back together and there was a definite improvement.  The Sidekick is driveable now but the belt still slips but only at a higher speed and only when the throttle is punched.  I'm wondering whether I may have inadvertently damaged it while it was wet and have ordered a new belt.  I have looked on line to see if there is a guide or procedure, specifically for the CVT belt removal and replacement for the 850 but can find none.  Does anyone have experience with this?
    • By Greg Kilgore
      We all know summer is hot inside the cabs of our SXS. So I've rigged up a couple of fans to help cool down the cab.

I didn't want to drill the fan's "support rails" into the ROPS (Roll Over Protection System), aka roll bars. So I used water clamps to hold them in place. 

I just need to replace the wires I ran with bigger gauge. Then finish the wiring to switches, relays, and battery. But the hardest part. The actual mounting of the fans is complete. Also just in case anyone plans on doing this. I may have to only use 1 fan in the middle instead on 2. Due the the draw on the battery.
      The fans are 12", 12V 80W. So I'm figured they were 6.7 amps apiece. Used the WAVe formula to get unknown values Watts=Amps*Volts then solve for unknown. I know the watts and volts from sticker on fan. So just used above formula to get amps. So a 7 amp fuse should be OK and a 10 amp fuse will be good. 
      So pulling 14 amps from the battery all day may be too much for the charging system to keep up with. And I haven't even installed the radio yet. So I will have to test and let you know.

See pics below.

• By Owenhacker
      So I have disassembled and installed a new wet clutch all new bearings, regreased primary and once I got it all back together it starts and dies as soon as I put in gear.. took apart twice to make sure everything is correct. Need help
      IMG_9111.mov
    • By HighSon
      Haven't posted in a while since solving the excessive cabin noise issue, so I thought I would share a few upgrades to my Sector... Realize that this is driven daily on the street, so some of the mods are to make it more streetworthy.

Locking gas door.

Rear view mirror.

Modified windshield for better airflow in cabin.

Lowered and modified headrest bar for improved rear view.  Tailgate protector.

Folding armrests.

Overhead utility rack.  Keeps the interior cooler and dryer, too!

Folding rear seats.

Dust cover and seat protector.
      If anyone wants links to the rear view mirror, seats, or arrests, let me know and I will post.  But know that everything requires some level of fabrication.  The utility rack was all custom built.  Cheers!