Quantcast

bigdan120

Reverse Light Switch

Hey does anyone know what reverse light switch to use as a replacement? Mine don't work......I have power there and they will work if I cross the wires so it is the switch for sure.....Just can't seem to figure out what might fit........VW is differnt thread size from what I have seen..

I took mine apart and was able to clean the contacts. It was full of sand.

Lenny

Yeah that didn't turn out so well for me..LOL Even if it came aprt in one piece it would have been junk anyway...So I did a bunch of looking at pictures on the net and tried to find one that at least looked close....So I am trying a reverse switch from a 96 Geo Metro 1.0...Ordered it from Rockauto...12.00 bucks with shipping. Time will tell...Looks good on the web but I could not find the thread size for it. So hopefully it will fit...I will let everyone know....

UPDATE! If you need a reverse switch use this one 96 Geo Metro reverse switch 1.0 Same threads same gasket same lengh...Ordered it from Rockauto...12.00 bucks with shipping. Anyways it takes care of 2 things it is a sealed unit with wires attached no dirt in it and I soldered the wires togather on mine so 1 less plug to worry about. Works well.....Hope this helps someone out there....

The reverse light switch number is Standard number LS246 Plug looks close but I decided to remove for one less weak link..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Regretting my choices
      Hello.  I purchased this unit as a "non runner" with the intent of using the frame to build a go-cart, but once I got it home it seemed way to good to part out.  The motor cranks over, and I have spark, but no fuel.  If I put a little fuel in the cylinder it fires up until that fuel is burnt, then of course it dies.  The fuel pump is not running and I have removed the plug and there is no power going to it.  I have checked the safety switch on the brake pedal and its fine, I have checked the fuses, all good, but am not sure where to go from here. The shifter is missing on the unit, but the indicator light on the dash shows its in neutral, and the e-brake indicator switch is working as well.  I am thinking of jumping power to the fuel pump next to see if it runs and if the motor will start.
      What am I missing?  What can stop the fuel pump from getting power to it?

• By 2wpuller
      Does anyone know if there is a interchangeable steering rack that would work from other brand of sxs
      Are a rebuild kit to replace the bushing.
      Mine is a 2015 Dominator 800 2×
      The steering rack outer bushings are gone .

• By Sledge
      I have a 2016 cub cadet challenger 750. In the past month it has started to lose power at about 25 mph, sounds like it is struggling for fuel. Any suggestions?
    • By Andreas Ahrens
      Hi All,
      Our Hisun is not making any power. Once you start to climb RPM's it almost sounds like the timing is out, it sputters and farts and doesn't want to climb RPM's at all. It starts fine though.
      I checked and set the valves, they were a bit tight but not bad. The spark plug is very black. The exhaust valves are a real nightmare to get to fyi.
      On the last service the dealer put the wrong plug in, so I'm switching that back to stock as soon as we get one. I'm also thinking the air filter should be checked/cleaned. 
      Any other things to check?
    • By mixfixdave
      I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU.
      It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!