Quantcast

Best UTV for work

Rod

Hi everybody! I’m new here and I wish to request for your help and advice. I hope to find dispassionate opinions.

I need to buy a UTV only for work. My priorities are reliability and torque. I need to climb (and descend) clayish very steep slopes, one with a small sliding rock surface (maybe 4 feet diameter, where rains “washed” clay) at a narrow point of the trail, so one side wheels have to ride on the rock. This trail is just at cliff edge at this point. A tractor struggled hard with this place recently to climb because wheel sliding on rock surface.

Big Red has engine brake that would be good for my need. I do not need a great cargo capacity, but it will be appreciated from time to time. I’m concerned about plastic bed strength. Honda does not inform about power or torque. Basic model has no roof or windshield.

What is new on 2013 Big Red in regard to 2011 model? I may get a good price on a 2011 apparently new one (clearance).

Otherwise, Club Car XRT 1550 seems good too. It has hard plastic roof, windshield, power steering, tilt steering, and 2 years warranty (Honda only 1). Does it still have carburetor? It seems out-of-date.

Kioti Mechron seems to be rock solid and has other advantages, but dealer is an issue (far from my place and bad service).

Kubota RTV 900 also seems to be rock solid but is much more expensive.

Rhino 700 has engine braking, but no roof or windshield, and less cargo capacity (only 400 lb).

Gator XUV 825 is 20 % more expensive than Big Red, without power steering, tilt steering, roof and windshield, and only has 1 year warranty.

Polaris seems to have several good items but less reliability.

So, I’m expecting your opinions. Thanks!

I have been more than happy with my Joyner trooper and it has 5 speed manual and rear and also front diff that locks up for extra traction.

For cargo i has built a payload box like a pick up have for my trooper it worked very good for my needs also

Python is 2wd and renegade have smaller engine so id probably suggest trooper the most..

http://www.joyner-atv-utv.com/

Also trooper use a 4 cylinder efi engine and 5 speed manual transmission where all other companies so far use v twin engines and cvt (if belt get wet it slip...an disadvantage) also if you are more interested in trooper. Feel free to message me or go to Joyner section of the utvboard forum

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2